Twitter: @rodgermitchell; Search #monetarysovereignty
Facebook: Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
●The more federal budgets are cut and taxes increased, the weaker an economy becomes.
●Austerity is the government’s method for widening the gap between rich and poor, which ultimately leads to civil disorder.
●Until the 99% understand the need for federal deficits, the upper 1% will rule.
●To survive long term, a monetarily non-sovereign government must have a positive balance of payments.
●Those, who do not understand the differences between Monetary Sovereignty and monetary non-sovereignty, do not understand economics.
●The penalty for ignorance is slavery.
●Everything in economics devolves to motive, and the motive is the gap.
I know you’ll be shocked to learn this, but there was a rape in Philadelphia.
According to the National Crime Victimization Survey by the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 39,590 men and 164,240 women were victims of rape, attempted rape, or sexual assault in 2008.
So why should you be shocked by one rape in Philadelphia? Because this one rape made headlines in the Washington Times.
Because the Washington Times is not a real newspaper. It is a bought and paid for (by Reverend Moon’s Unification Church) propaganda machine, the sole purpose of which is to foment anger at anything not adhering to the “religious” right-wing agenda.
Here is the “shocking news” about the accused rape:
Milton Mateo Garcia, 28, was caught one year ago entering the U.S. illegally across the Mexican border and was deported back to his native Honduras.
Living and working in sanctuary, Mr. Garcia last month, according to police, approached a 26-year-old Philadelphia doctor. He is accused of forcing the woman into her apartment and raping her repeatedly.
It’s Philadelphia’s official policy (not) to deport illegal immigrants unless the person has been convicted of a violent felony.
Philadelphia thinks it’s stupid, a waste of human resources and inhumane to try to deport every single undocumented immigrant in America — especially considering there are estimated to be more than 12 million of them.
So Philadelphia limits its efforts to real criminals — those convicted of a violent felony. Mr. Garcia never even had been charged of anything, much less convicted.
Not good enough for “religious” right-wingers, who want to ship all 12 million souls out — men, women and children — no matter how many years they may have established a life here, and no matter whether or not they have been good, hard-working assets to America.
Just ship ’em out, like garbage, those men, women and children. Send them into drug war zones. Destroy their lives, just because they don’t have that piece of paper our government has made so difficult to obtain.
And here is the kicker from the Washington Times:
(Garcia) could become the Willie Horton of the immigration crisis.
As with the case in the 1980s of Horton, a convicted felon whose additional crimes while on prison furlough provoked a political furor, Mr. Garcia’s situation highlights many of the criticisms of the administration’s handling of immigration — from encouraging illegal immigrants to make the journey to the U.S. to failing to secure the border and allowing a patchwork of sanctuary cities and counties where immigrants need not fear deportation.
To add emotion to its nonsense, the Washington Times uses the false comparison with, “Willie Horton,” the notorious black (!) convicted felon, an American citizen, who though having already been convicted of murder, was given a weekend furlough program. He later he committed assault, armed robbery and rape.
By contrast, Mr. Garcia was convicted of nothing.
So why the comparison by the Washington Times? Two reasons:
1. Both men were not white, clearly a crime in of itself, in the eyes of the Washington Times.
2. The name “Willie Horton” as been used by the “religious right-wing, for the past 25 years, as a fear/hate word, to frighten the weak-minded about imminent danger from blacks and browns.
Mr. Garcia’s crime: He sneaked into the United States. Mr. Horton’s crime. He was a convicted murderer, robber and rapist. To the Washington Times, this is equivalence.
(As an aside, Willie Horton was captured by Corporal Yusuf Muhammad of the Prince George’s County Police Department.)
Yes, there remain some liberal media, though not as many as in the past. Even the formerly liberal Washington Post has moved way to the right. (The rich own the media and the rich place the advertising — and the rich tend to be conservative).
But I know of no liberal medium that slants the news and spreads vicious propaganda to the extent of the “religious” right media. I know of no “news” medium that will, shall I say, “muddies the facts” as do, for instance, the Washington Times or FOX News.
There is a reason why the most self-proclaimed “religious” speakers seem most likely to bend the truth, but that’s a story for another article.
The bottom line: One person in Philadelphia was physically raped, and subsequently, thousands of Washington Times readers were mentally raped.
But as “religious” right-wing, Texas, gubernatorial candidate Clayton Williams said about rape, “If it’s inevitable, just relax and enjoy it”
To readers of the Washington Times: Don’t be so frightened by those fake “Willie Horton” stories. Just relax and enjoy your daily rape.
Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
Ten Steps to Prosperity:
1. Eliminate FICA (Click here)
2. Federally funded Medicare — parts A, B & D plus long term nursing care — for everyone (Click here)
3. Provide an Economic Bonus to every man, woman and child in America, and/or every state a per capita Economic Bonus. (Click here) Or institute a reverse income tax.
4. Free education (including post-grad) for everyone. Click here
5. Salary for attending school (Click here)
6. Eliminate corporate taxes (Click here)
7. Increase the standard income tax deduction annually
8. Increase federal spending on the myriad initiatives that benefit America’s 99% (Click here)
9. Federal ownership of all banks (Click here)
10. Tax the very rich (.1%) more, with higher, progressive tax rates on all forms of income. (Click here)
10 Steps to Economic Misery: (Click here:)
1. Maintain or increase the FICA tax..
2. Spread the myth Social Security, Medicare and the U.S. government are insolvent.
3. Cut federal employment in the military, post office, other federal agencies.
4. Broaden the income tax base so more lower income people will pay.
5. Cut financial assistance to the states.
6. Spread the myth federal taxes pay for federal spending.
7. Allow banks to trade for their own accounts; save them when their investments go sour.
8. Never prosecute any banker for criminal activity.
9. Nominate arch conservatives to the Supreme Court.
10. Reduce the federal deficit and debt
No nation can tax itself into prosperity, nor grow without money growth. Monetary Sovereignty: Cutting federal deficits to grow the economy is like applying leeches to cure anemia.
Two key equations in economics:
1. Federal Deficits – Net Imports = Net Private Savings
2. Gross Domestic Product = Federal Spending + Private Investment and Consumption – Net Imports
THE RECESSION CLOCK
Vertical gray bars mark recessions.
As the federal deficit growth lines drop, we approach recession, which will be cured only when the lines rise. Federal deficit growth is absolutely, positively necessary for economic growth. Period.