Twitter: @rodgermitchell; Search #monetarysovereignty
Facebook: Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
●The more federal budgets are cut and taxes increased, the weaker an economy becomes.
●Austerity is the government’s method for widening the gap between rich and poor, which ultimately leads to civil disorder.
●Until the 99% understand the need for federal deficits, the upper 1% will rule.
●To survive long term, a monetarily non-sovereign government must have a positive balance of payments.
●Those, who do not understand the differences between Monetary Sovereignty and monetary non-sovereignty, do not understand economics.
●The penalty for ignorance is slavery.
●Everything in economics devolves to motive.
Science has brought us radio, television, telephones, computers, smart phones, trips to the moon and journeys to Mars and beyond. But science has not brought us intelligence.
Science has brought us incandescent bulbs, neon bulbs, florescent bulbs and LED bulbs, but science has not taken us from the dark ages.
Science has brought us antibiotics, cloning, DNA analysis, and organ transplants, but science has not cured us of our 2,000-year-old beliefs.
Science has brought us viscose, acrylic, nylon, Orlon, Kevlar and Spandex, but still we cannot wrap our minds around the differences between fact and fiction.
Science includes physics, chemistry, geology, biology, zoology and botany, all of which agree on certain fundamentals, but science has not convinced us to rely on research and fact rather than on intuition and superstition.
In short, a significant number of us do not believe provable fact, but rather rely on what our friends, neighbors and favorite leaders tell us.
Sixty percent of Americans say that “humans and other living things have evolved over time,” a telephone survey by the Pew Research Center’s religion and Public Life Project showed.
But 33 percent reject the idea of evolution, saying that “humans and other living things have existed in their present form since the beginning of time,” Pew said in a statement.
The poll showed 43 percent of Republicans and 67 percent of Democrats say humans have evolved over time. White evangelical Protestants topped the list of those rejecting evolution, with 64 percent of those polled saying they believe humans have existed in their present form since the beginning of time.
“This has been a staple of evangelical Protestantism for nearly 100 years,” said Alan Lichtman, an American University history professor and author of “White Protestant Nation: The Rise of the American Conservative Movement.”
For a large portion of Americans, nothing has been learned in the two thousand years since most portions of the bible were written, and a thousand years since the “Dark Ages.” It’s as though time has stood still for much of our population.
Despite the mountain of evidence science has given us, a significant number prefer to remain ignorant — more than ignorant, but downright stupid, for intentionally to ignore facts in favor of superstition can only be called “stupid.”
And though many Democrats are stupid (believing President Obama on almost any issue), Republicans are far more stupid (how else to explain the popularity of Palin, Bachmann, Cain, Perry, Cruz et all?)
This is why the public believes The Big Lie — the claim that the federal government can run short of dollars to pay its bills and that dollar creation causes hyperinflation and that deficit reduction benefits our children and grandchildren. A significant number of people would rather trust their intuition rather than facts.
If facts don’t work and stupidity never changes, how then can Monetary Sovereignty save the populace from its self-imposed misery? How then to convince the poor and middle classes to emerge from the darkness of an unnecessary despair, into the sunlight of reason?
As the Democrats do not advance, and the Republicans slide ever deeper into the black hole of ancient religiosity, there seems no hope of rescue.
The human brain may be nature’s saddest failed experiment.
Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
Nine Steps to Prosperity:
1. Eliminate FICA (Click here)
2. Federally funded Medicare — parts A, B & D plus long term nursing care — for everyone (Click here)
3. Send every American citizen an annual check for $5,000 or give every state $5,000 per capita (Click here) Or institute a reverse income tax.
4. Free education (including post-grad) for everyone. Click here
5. Salary for attending school (Click here)
6. Eliminate corporate taxes (Click here)
7. Increase the standard income tax deduction annually
8. Increase federal spending on the myriad initiatives that benefit America’s 99% (Click here)
9. Federal ownership of all banks (Click here)
10 Steps to Economic Misery: (Click here:)
1. Maintain or increase the FICA tax..
2. Spread the myth Social Security, Medicare and the U.S. government are insolvent.
3. Cut federal employment in the military, post office, other federal agencies.
4. Broaden the income tax base so more lower income people will pay.
5. Cut financial assistance to the states.
6. Spread the myth federal taxes pay for federal spending.
7. Allow banks to trade for their own accounts; save them when their investments go sour.
8. Never prosecute any banker for criminal activity.
9. Nominate arch conservatives to the Supreme Court.
10. Reduce the federal deficit and debt
No nation can tax itself into prosperity, nor grow without money growth. Monetary Sovereignty: Cutting federal deficits to grow the economy is like applying leeches to cure anemia.
Two key equations in economics:
1. Federal Deficits – Net Imports = Net Private Savings
2. Gross Domestic Product = Federal Spending + Private Investment and Consumption – Net Imports
THE RECESSION CLOCK
As the federal deficit growth lines drop, we approach recession, which will be cured only when the lines rise.