The previous post, “The Day America Will End,” describes how Donald Trump and the Republican Party are attempted to remake our American democracy into a theocracy, with Trump as the pontiff.
Lest you believe that is mere partisan hyperbole, read these excerpts from an Axios article:
Inside Trump’s hunt for “disloyal” Republicans
Jonathan Swan, Andrew Solender
Donald Trump and his associates are systematically reshaping the Republican Party, working to install hand-picked loyalists across federal and state governments and destroy those he feels have been disloyal, sources close to the former president tell Axios.
In Trump-world, “loyalty” means unquestioned obsequence to Trump — not to America, not to your religion, not you or your personal moral code — but only to Trump no matter what Trump says or does, regardless of the evil it may do to America.
Even the slightest deviation from absolute fealty will be punished.
If most or all of Trump’s candidates win, he will go into the 2024 election cycle with far more people willing to do his bidding who run the elections in key states.
If he had owned enough such people in January of this year, he would be President today, despite losing the election, and possibly, become President for life.
We came that close.
He will also have a well-funded policy and political infrastructure and his own social media ecosystem.
He’s made dozens of endorsements since last year’s election, with many more expected ahead of crucial primaries next year.
Trump is tapping his national network of allies to identify Republicans who were “weak” in 2020 because they refused to go along with his efforts to overturn the election. No office has proven too small.
Trump is the living embodiment of the anti-democracy. His goal: Any vote that is not a Trump vote should be prevented, or if not prevented, discarded.
In this regard, he wishes to out-Putin Putin (whom Trump admires) by controlling faked elections. Trump visualizes himself as becoming the absolute lord of America.
And after Trump, Trump Jr? Or Ivanka, whom Trump groomed for power?
His apparatus touches everything from unseating governors, members of Congress, state legislators and secretaries of state, to formulating policy and influencing local school boards.
One common thread with many of the candidates he’s backed so far: They all support his efforts to overturn Joe Biden’s victory.
While Trump was in office, he surrounded himself with liars, traitors, and criminals (see: How America is winning a national Darwin Award}. Now, in defeat, he has redoubled his efforts to gather the same amoral and immoral characters into a Trumpian crime sydicate.
He is seeking out people who not only will obey him totally, but people who have no allegiance to America or to American mores or to American democracy. They are people who have no positive ideology, but merely wish to be close to royal power.
Trump-backed Georgia gubernatorial candidate David Perdue — who is challenging Gov. Brian Kemp in the GOP primary — told Axios’ Emma Hurt on Wednesday that he wouldn’t have signed the certification of the state’s 2020 election results if he’d been governor.
Will Georgia back Perdue, a notorious liar, who acknowledges he values Trump over America? We soon will see the power of bigotry vs. the power of true American patriotism.
Behind the scenes: Sources who have spent time with Trump at his Florida estate Mar-a-Lago say it’s impossible to carry out an extended conversation with him that isn’t interrupted by his fixations on the 2020 election.
He’s intensely focused on demands that Republicans “get smart” and pursue efforts to “audit” and overturn that result.
Trump is maniacally blind to the fact that the results have been audited again and again, even by Trump-appointed judges and politicians, and in no case has anyone found enough so-called “steal” even to come close to overturning an election.
Facts, be damned, Trump simply wants the fair elections to be ignored and for him to be named Emperor.
“We try to get him onto other topics, but you always get dragged back,” said an adviser to the former president.
Trump is also thinking about the future. He’s not just taking the standard steps of establishing a PAC, courting donors, and building a political operation; he’s also trying to purge his critics from all levels of the GOPand replace them with loyalists who could object to the certification of future elections.
If he succeeds, that will be the end of America as you know it.
- He endorsed Rep. Jody Hice (R-Ga.), who lodged the objection to Georgia’s electors, in a challenge against Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, who publicly resisted Trump’s efforts to overturn the election.
- He encouraged Perdue’s primary run against Kemp. Perdue’s launch ad makes clear he agrees with Trump about what constitutes Kemp’s unforgivable sin.
- Trump has also thrown his support behind secretary of state challengers in Arizona and Michigan. And candidates casting doubt on 2020’s election processes are also running in Wisconsin and Nevada.
- Trump backed a challenge to Texas state Sen. Kel Seliger after Seliger cast the only Republican vote against an audit of the 2020 presidential election.
- Trump has found an opportunity to rebuild Michigan’s GOP state legislature in his image, endorsing five first-time candidates based on their belief in his baseless “stolen” election claims.
- Michigan state legislators are term-limited, giving Trump fresh opportunities to fill seats with loyalists. Trump unsuccessfully tried post-election to persuade state GOP lawmakers to reject the election results.
- Trump has also endorsed a candidate for state attorney general, Kristina Karamo, who embraces conspiracy theories including her false claim it was “completely Antifa posing as Trump supporters” who stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6.
- In Arizona, Trump endorsed the reelection of Arizona state Sen. Wendy Rogers, who led a letter with 138 state legislators calling for election audits in all 50 states.
- He endorsed Kari Lake for Arizona governor. Lake told OAN she wouldn’t have certified Biden as the victor if she’d been governor.
- Trump is also going after the few congressional Republicans who have defied him. He’s endorsed primary challengers to Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) and Reps. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), Fred Upton (R-Mich.), Peter Meijer (R-Mich.) and Jaime Herrera Beutler (R-Wash.) — all of whom voted for his impeachment.
What they’re saying: “To the dismay of Democrats and Republican-sellouts, President Donald J. Trump continues to be the most dominant voice in American politics,” Trump spokesperson Taylor Budowich told Axios in a statement.
In Trump-world, anyone who does not support his dictatorial ideas is a “sellout.”
Consider being called a “sellout,” by the man who created the scam operation known as “Trump University” (for which he was forced to pay $25 million) and the fraud known as “Trump Foundation (for which he was fined $2 million).
“Through his Save America PAC and allied America First organizations, President Trump’s vision for America and the GOP will shape the future of our nation.”
God save America if this proves to be true.
Trump has called for bills instituting reforms some of his advisers say would have kept him in power.
Meaning, “kept him in power despite having lost the election by more than seven million votes.”
Republicans in state legislatures enacted dozens of voting laws this year — many designed in direct response to Trump’s post-election pressure.
Trump cheered on Georgia’s sweeping voting bill, saying the GOP legislators “learned from the travesty of the 2020 Presidential Election.” He added, “Too bad these changes could not have been done sooner!”
At least 10 bills introduced at the state level — none yet passed — would allow partisan actors to overturn election results.
Trump’s relentless messaging has forged an alternate reality for his followers: 58% of Republicans in an Axios/Ipsos poll last month said there was enough fraud to change the outcome of the 2020 election.
Now he’s harnessing that energy.
So long as the Republican party and its followers are willing to sell their souls in exchange for the possibility of political power, the free America of which you are proud, will be in grave danger.
Ironically, the same GOP that preaches against COVID vaccine mandates because of “freedom” of choice, does not want you to have the freedom to choose your political leaders via free and fair elections.
They support a man who, as you read this article, is doing his best to substitute his lies and “royal” decrees for facts and your freedoms.
Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
Facebook: Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF GOVERNMENT IS TO IMPROVE AND PROTECT THE LIVES OF THE PEOPLE.
The most important problems in economics involve:
- Monetary Sovereignty describes money creation and destruction.
- Gap Psychology describes the common desire to distance oneself from those “below” in any socio-economic ranking, and to come nearer those “above.” The socio-economic distance is referred to as “The Gap.”
Wide Gaps negatively affect poverty, health and longevity, education, housing, law and crime, war, leadership, ownership, bigotry, supply and demand, taxation, GDP, international relations, scientific advancement, the environment, human motivation and well-being, and virtually every other issue in economics. Implementation of Monetary Sovereignty and The Ten Steps To Prosperity can grow the economy and narrow the Gaps:
Ten Steps To Prosperity:
- Eliminate FICA
- Federally funded Medicare — parts A, B & D, plus long-term care — for everyone
- Social Security for all
- Free education (including post-grad) for everyone
- Salary for attending school
- Eliminate federal taxes on business
- Increase the standard income tax deduction, annually.
- Tax the very rich (the “.1%”) more, with higher progressive tax rates on all forms of income.
- Federal ownership of all banks
- Increase federal spending on the myriad initiatives that benefit America’s 99.9%
The Ten Steps will grow the economy and narrow the income/wealth/power Gap between the rich and the rest.
5 thoughts on “The Day America Will End, Part II: The imminent danger”
Soon to be Pontifex Maximus makes double negatives great again: “Anybody that doesn’t think there wasn’t massive Election Fraud in the 2020 Presidential Election is either very stupid, or very corrupt!” Trump said in a statement that was posted to Twitter by spokeswoman Liz Harrington.
I know what he’s trying to say but what’s really worrisome is his following could care less about his grammar. All they want is to put him back in power so they can justify breaking the law any way they damn well please. Every election at every level is going to be about gaining a selfish foothold on the levers of power. This is America’s final exam: to succeed or fail with democracy’s We-the-People experiment.
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/img/observerart/2018/07/05/Trump_Golden_Calf.jpg & https://neelingman.com/2018/09/14/evangelical-trump-supporters-are-not-hypocrites/
LOL, funny article. Seems to imply the Dems are as white as snow and total innocent of behaving in exactly the same manner. Don’t get me started on how None of them abide by the laws, Both parties make their own laws and install sycophant judges for life. America is doomed, and is its own architect of its doom. Good riddance.