Mitt Romney’s campaign was felled by his “47%” remark.
Newt Gingrich, resigned from the House after an affair with his intern while married to his second wife.
Sarah Palin’s interviews with Katie Couric revealed the utter incompetence that helped her lead the Republican party to an election disaster.
Yet not one of these politicians, nor any other in American history, has combined the lying, incompetence, and mean-spirited bigotry of a Donald Trump.
His transgressions arrive so often — seemingly on a daily basis — they form a swirling fog of ugliness, impossible to visualize or characterize in one word or idea.
Any one of the following 25 “qualities” would disqualify a normal person from ever being President. But Trump is abnormal, at least in America, though perhaps more typical for countries with historically autocratic leanings.
The following “list of shame” is nowhere near complete. The campaign still is young, and Trump too, is relatively young, so the list surely will grow.
But perhaps it might help to clarify the strange and frightening world of Donald Trump:
- Insults all who dare to disagree with him, by calling them childish names.
- Disparages Latinos, especially Mexicans.
- Claims he somehow will find, wrest from their homes, and deport 11 million men, women, and children, even those who are American citizens.
- Disparages American-born citizens if they are of Mexican heritage.
- Would ban all Muslims (exception his “rich, Muslim friends”).
- Will deny gays equality.
- Insults women whom he decides are not beautiful or otherwise pleasing to him.
- Plans to construct a coward’s wall behind which, he wants Americans to hide.
- Cheated on his first wife and reportedly, his second wife, too.
- Created an organization, Trump University, using lies and high-pressure sales tactics to cheat students.
- Said America should cheat its creditors via bankruptcy and similar renegotiation devices, as he often did.
- Said he stands behind no proposals, only “flexible suggestions.”
- Repeatedly flip-flops his proposals, i.e. “flexible suggestions.”
- Is a compulsive and pathological liar
- Wants to break up NATO
- Claims his knowledge of Russia comes from running a Miss Universe contest.
- Praises, and receives praise, not from his own party, but from Vladimir Putin and Kim Jong-un, while disparaging President Obama
- Gladly accepted praise from the Ku Klux Klan
- Plans to remove the troops protecting South Korea
- Continues to deny the conclusive evidence showing President Obama is an American
- Would allow people to carry any kind of gun they want, everywhere.
- Advocates violating international law by torturing prisoners
- Lied about revealing his tax returns.
- Never has served in any elected office, nationally or locally, but claims he needs no advice on foreigh policy, because he has a “good brain.”
- Repeatedly sends childish and insulting Twitter messages.
And then there’s this:
Psychologically, Trump is a teenager, an unstable bully, quick to anger, slow to admit error, a child who craves only glory, while lacking common sense, compassion and the will to learn.
He demands we trust him to rest his finger on the nuclear button, but like a recalcitrant child, he belligerently demands that his parents trust him to drink, stay out late and drive the family car.
He has very many characteristics of a banana republic despot, but none for America’s highest office.
Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
Ten Steps to Prosperity:
1. ELIMINATE FICA (Ten Reasons to Eliminate FICA )
Although the article lists 10 reasons to eliminate FICA, there are two fundamental reasons:
*FICA is the most regressive tax in American history, widening the Gap by punishing the low and middle-income groups, while leaving the rich untouched, and
*The federal government, being Monetarily Sovereign, neither needs nor uses FICA to support Social Security and Medicare.
2. FEDERALLY FUNDED MEDICARE — PARTS A, B & D, PLUS LONG TERM CARE — FOR EVERYONE (H.R. 676, Medicare for All )
This article addresses the questions:
*Does the economy benefit when the rich afford better health care than the rest of Americans?
*Aside from improved health care, what are the other economic effects of “Medicare for everyone?”
*How much would it cost taxpayers?
*Who opposes it?”
3. PROVIDE AN ECONOMIC BONUS TO EVERY MAN, WOMAN AND CHILD IN AMERICA, AND/OR EVERY STATE, A PER CAPITA ECONOMIC BONUS (The JG (Jobs Guarantee) vs the GI (Guaranteed Income) vs the EB) Or institute a reverse income tax.
This article is the fifth in a series about direct financial assistance to Americans:
Why Modern Monetary Theory’s Employer of Last Resort is a bad idea. Sunday, Jan 1 2012
MMT’s Job Guarantee (JG) — “Another crazy, rightwing, Austrian nutjob?” Thursday, Jan 12 2012
Why Modern Monetary Theory’s Jobs Guarantee is like the EU’s euro: A beloved solution to the wrong problem. Tuesday, May 29 2012
“You can’t fire me. I’m on JG” Saturday, Jun 2 2012
Economic growth should include the “bottom” 99.9%, not just the .1%, the only question being, how best to accomplish that. Modern Monetary Theory (MMT) favors giving everyone a job. Monetary Sovereignty (MS) favors giving everyone money. The five articles describe the pros and cons of each approach.
4. FREE EDUCATION (INCLUDING POST-GRAD) FOR EVERYONEFive reasons why we should eliminate school loans
Monetarily non-sovereign State and local governments, despite their limited finances, support grades K-12. That level of education may have been sufficient for a largely agrarian economy, but not for our currently more technical economy that demands greater numbers of highly educated workers.
Because state and local funding is so limited, grades K-12 receive short shrift, especially those schools whose populations come from the lowest economic groups. And college is too costly for most families.
An educated populace benefits a nation, and benefiting the nation is the purpose of the federal government, which has the unlimited ability to pay for K-16 and beyond.
5. SALARY FOR ATTENDING SCHOOL
Even were schooling to be completely free, many young people cannot attend, because they and their families cannot afford to support non-workers. In a foundering boat, everyone needs to bail, and no one can take time off for study.
If a young person’s “job” is to learn and be productive, he/she should be paid to do that job, especially since that job is one of America’s most important.
6. ELIMINATE CORPORATE TAXES
Corporations themselves exist only as legalities. They don’t pay taxes or pay for anything else. They are dollar-tranferring machines. They transfer dollars from customers to employees, suppliers, shareholders and the government (the later having no use for those dollars).
Any tax on corporations reduces the amount going to employees, suppliers and shareholders, which diminishes the economy. Ultimately, all corporate taxes come around and reappear as deductions from your personal income.
7. INCREASE THE STANDARD INCOME TAX DEDUCTION, ANNUALLY. (Refer to this.)
Federal taxes punish taxpayers and harm the economy. The federal government has no need for those punishing and harmful tax dollars. There are several ways to reduce taxes, and we should evaluate and choose the most progressive approaches.
Cutting FICA and corporate taxes would be an good early step, as both dramatically affect the 99%. Annual increases in the standard income tax deduction, and a reverse income tax also would provide benefits from the bottom up. Both would narrow the Gap.
8. TAX THE VERY RICH (THE “.1%) MORE, WITH HIGHER PROGRESSIVE TAX RATES ON ALL FORMS OF INCOME. (TROPHIC CASCADE)
There was a time when I argued against increasing anyone’s federal taxes. After all, the federal government has no need for tax dollars, and all taxes reduce Gross Domestic Product, thereby negatively affecting the entire economy, including the 99.9%.
But I have come to realize that narrowing the Gap requires trimming the top. It simply would not be possible to provide the 99.9% with enough benefits to narrow the Gap in any meaningful way. Bill Gates reportedly owns $70 billion. To get to that level, he must have been earning $10 billion a year. Pick any acceptable Gap (1000 to 1?), and the lowest paid American would have to receive $10 million a year. Unreasonable.
9. FEDERAL OWNERSHIP OF ALL BANKS (Click The end of private banking and How should America decide “who-gets-money”?)
Banks have created all the dollars that exist. Even dollars created at the direction of the federal government, actually come into being when banks increase the numbers in checking accounts. This gives the banks enormous financial power, and as we all know, power corrupts — especially when multiplied by a profit motive.
Although the federal government also is powerful and corrupted, it does not suffer from a profit motive, the world’s most corrupting influence.
10. INCREASE FEDERAL SPENDING ON THE MYRIAD INITIATIVES THAT BENEFIT AMERICA’S 99.9% (Federal agencies)Browse the agencies. See how many agencies benefit the lower- and middle-income/wealth/ power groups, by adding dollars to the economy and/or by actions more beneficial to the 99.9% than to the .1%.
Save this reference as your primer to current economics. Sadly, much of the material is not being taught in American schools, which is all the more reason for you to use it.
The Ten Steps will grow the economy, and narrow the income/wealth/power Gap between the rich and you.
10 Steps to Economic Misery: (Click here:)
1. Maintain or increase the FICA tax..
2. Spread the myth Social Security, Medicare and the U.S. government are insolvent.
3. Cut federal employment in the military, post office, other federal agencies.
4. Broaden the income tax base so more lower income people will pay.
5. Cut financial assistance to the states.
6. Spread the myth federal taxes pay for federal spending.
7. Allow banks to trade for their own accounts; save them when their investments go sour.
8. Never prosecute any banker for criminal activity.
9. Nominate arch conservatives to the Supreme Court.
10. Reduce the federal deficit and debt
THE RECESSION CLOCK
Recessions begin an average of 2 years after the blue line first dips below zero. A common phenomenon is for the line briefly to dip below zero, then rise above zero, before falling dramatically below zero. There was a brief dip below zero in 2015, followed by another dip – the familiar pre-recession pattern.
Recessions are cured by a rising red line.
Vertical gray bars mark recessions.
As the federal deficit growth lines drop, we approach recession, which will be cured only when the growth lines rise. Increasing federal deficit growth (aka “stimulus”) is necessary for long-term economic growth.
•Those, who do not understand the differences between Monetary Sovereignty and monetary non-sovereignty, do not understand economics.
•Any monetarily NON-sovereign government — be it city, county, state or nation — that runs an ongoing trade deficit, eventually will run out of money.
•The more federal budgets are cut and taxes increased, the weaker an economy becomes..
•No nation can tax itself into prosperity, nor grow without money growth.
•Cutting federal deficits to grow the economy is like applying leeches to cure anemia.
•A growing economy requires a growing supply of money (GDP = Federal Spending + Non-federal Spending + Net Exports)
•Deficit spending grows the supply of money
•The limit to federal deficit spending is an inflation that cannot be cured with interest rate control.
•The limit to non-federal deficit spending is the ability to borrow.
•Liberals think the purpose of government is to protect the poor and powerless from the rich and powerful. Conservatives think the purpose of government is to protect the rich and powerful from the poor and powerless.
•The single most important problem in economics is the Gap between rich and the rest..
•Austerity is the government’s method for widening the Gap between rich and poor.
•Until the 99% understand the need for federal deficits, the upper 1% will rule.
•Everything in economics devolves to motive, and the motive is the Gap between the rich and the rest..
5 thoughts on “Trump’s Top 25: Lies, Incompetence and Bigotry”
More of the usual Trumpist incompetence and bigotry:
Trump: Seriously unqualified, by experience, nature, and beliefs, to be President.
And then there’s this:
I never was a big Hillary fan, but she sounds Presidential, while he continues his bigoted whine about a judge whose parents came from Mexico.
Donald, just close your mouth and quietly go away. Please.
Trump was nominated because Republicans are fed up with their own party.
In other news, the Swiss rejected a Basic Income
The reason, “it would cripple the Swiss economy by eliminating all motivation to work.” and “If you pay people to do nothing, they will do nothing”.
These arguments are logical, but faulty. The Basic Income would have to be smaller if that was in fact the case. And as the world becomes more technologically advances, there may not be enough work for everyone to do. When that happens a Basic Income will pass.
He sounds exactly like the man America needs!!! The Republicans have finally set up a man who expresses all the poisonous ideals they espouse. Even so his poison is not as dangerous as would be Hillary’s. A proven extremist and failure.
This why Trump will be such a magnificent President – he knows how to fight fire with fire against all of our “trading partners” running lopsided and unfair trading and military policies (China, NATO, EU, Japan, Korea, OPEN etc.) against the USA. This highest form of Leadership is via the use of Cunning – one cunning great leader can save multiple armies and all of the treasure lost in foolish wars.
Exactly what do you mean by “fire”? War?
Anyway, I have trouble with the “Woe is us” idea that we no longer are a great nation, but somehow, in a mysterious, unspecified way, Trump will make us great, again — apparently just through his own self-proclaimed greatness.
I guess you aren’t Latino, gay, female, Muslim, poor, an investor in a Trump casino, the elderly lady Trump tried to evict from her own apartment, or someone who was swindled out of many thousands of dollars by Trump University.
But he is cunning — so cunning he understands all there is to know about international politics because he ran a beauty contest in Russia. Now that’s cunning!