Twitter: @rodgermitchell; Search #monetarysovereignty
Facebook: Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
**Those, who do not understand the differences between Monetary Sovereignty and monetary non-sovereignty, do not understand economics.
**The more federal budgets are cut and taxes increased, the weaker an economy becomes. .
**Liberals think the purpose of government is to protect the poor and powerless from the rich and powerful. Conservatives think the purpose of government is to protect the rich and powerful from the poor and powerless.
**The single most important problem in economics isthe gap between rich and poor.
**Austerity is the government’s method for wideningthe gap between rich and poor.
**Until the 99% understand the need for federal deficits, the upper 1% will rule.
**To survive long term, a monetarily non-sovereign government must have a positive balance of payments.
**Everything in economics devolves to motive, and the motive is the Gap between the rich and the rest..
Of whom does Donald Trump remind you?
In his comments, blaming undocumented immigrants for crime and hurting the economy, Trump is walking a well-traveled path, a path you will recognize:
“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”
“What can be simpler or more accurately stated? The Mexican Government is forcing their most unwanted people into the United States. They are, in many cases, criminals, drug dealers, rapists, etc.”
“I will be the greatest jobs president that God has ever created. I’ll bring back our jobs from China, from Mexico, from Japan, from so many places . . . and I’ll bring back our money.”
Data on immigrants and crime are incomplete, but a range of studies show there is no evidence immigrants commit more crimes than native-born Americans. In fact, first-generation immigrants are predisposed to lower crime rates than native-born Americans.
Immigration and crime levels have had inverse trajectories since the 1990s: immigration has increased, while crime has decreased. Some experts say the influx of immigrants contributed to the decrease in crime rates, by increasing the denominator while not adding significantly to the numerator.
When asked how the data are indicative of the Mexican government sending criminals to the United States, or that there is a crime wave coming across the border, a Trump campaign adviser said: “The data speaks for itself.”
The Congressional Research Service found that the vast majority of unauthorized immigrants do not fit in the category that fits Trump’s description: aggravated felons, whose crimes include murder, drug trafficking or illegal trafficking of firearms.
An analysis of 2010 Census data in a report from the American Immigration Council, a pro-immigration group, shows that 1.6 percent of immigrant males 18 to 39 years old were incarcerated, compared to 3.3 percent of native-born males.
That disparity in incarceration rates has been consistent in the decennial Census since 1980, the report says.
In short, Trump has lied to make undocumented Mexican immigrants scapegoats.
He falsely claims Mexicans are responsible for “lots of problems.” He falsely claims they are criminals and rapists, responsible for illegal drugs.
He claims the solution for these “problems” is to deport undocumented Mexicans.
Did Trump invent hatred of undocumented Mexicans? No, he built on and used anti-immigrant ideas that already existed.
The gasbag also said he will “be the greatest jobs president” and will grow the American economy, though he gives no clue about how he would do this, other than by deporting 12 million scapegoats.
Hitler and the Nazis said the Jews were responsible for huge events like losing World War One and the economic crisis. This was totally untrue.
But by giving the Jews the blame Hitler created an enemy. Hitler said that all Germany’s problems had been caused by the Jews. Many people believed him.
The solution to all these problems was to banish the Jews from society. With this political message and the promise to make Germany a large and economically powerful country Hitler’s party won the 1932 election.
In 1933 he and his party came to power.
Did Hitler invent hatred of Jews? No, Hitler built on and used antisemitic ideas that already existed. He was Austrian and grew up in Vienna where the mayor was extremely antisemitic and where hatred of Jews was widespread. His hatred of Jews cannot be tied down to a specific event in his life.
Just as Hitler did, Trump appeals to the lowest instincts of humanity. He appeals to hatred and xenophobia.
His unapologetic “birther” campaign against President Obama, was a disguised appeal to haters of blacks.
Trump is our modern-day Hitler, and you will see that haters will be his core constituency, just as the haters were Hitler’s.
Most dictators have gained power via hatred of some group. It happened in Hitler’s Germany. It happened in Stalin’s Russia (Jews and Bolsheviks). It happened in Mao’s China (the rich, the educated, the clergy).
Always, there was some group at which hatred was directed — some group falsely blamed.
And the result always has been disaster, for that is where hatred always leads.
As Trump’s popularity rises, it is happening here.
He is forcing us onto a well-traveled path.
Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
Ten Steps to Prosperity:
1. Eliminate FICA (Click here)
2. Federally funded Medicare — parts A, B & D plus long term nursing care — for everyone (Click here)
3. Provide an Economic Bonus to every man, woman and child in America, and/or every state a per capita Economic Bonus. (Click here) Or institute a reverse income tax.
4. Free education (including post-grad) for everyone. Click here
5. Salary for attending school (Click here)
6. Eliminate corporate taxes (Click here)
7. Increase the standard income tax deduction annually
8. Tax the very rich (.1%) more, with higher, progressive tax rates on all forms of income. (Click here)
9. Federal ownership of all banks (Click here and here)
10. Increase federal spending on the myriad initiatives that benefit America’s 99% (Click here)
The Ten Steps will add dollars to the economy, stimulate the economy, and narrow the income/wealth/power Gap between the rich and the rest.
10 Steps to Economic Misery: (Click here:)
1. Maintain or increase the FICA tax..
2. Spread the myth Social Security, Medicare and the U.S. government are insolvent.
3. Cut federal employment in the military, post office, other federal agencies.
4. Broaden the income tax base so more lower income people will pay.
5. Cut financial assistance to the states.
6. Spread the myth federal taxes pay for federal spending.
7. Allow banks to trade for their own accounts; save them when their investments go sour.
8. Never prosecute any banker for criminal activity.
9. Nominate arch conservatives to the Supreme Court.
10. Reduce the federal deficit and debt
No nation can tax itself into prosperity, nor grow without money growth. Monetary Sovereignty: Cutting federal deficits to grow the economy is like applying leeches to cure anemia.
1. A growing economy requires a growing supply of dollars (GDP=Federal Spending + Non-federal Spending + Net Exports)
2. All deficit spending grows the supply of dollars
3. The limit to federal deficit spending is an inflation that cannot be cured with interest rate control.
4. The limit to non-federal deficit spending is the ability to borrow.
THE RECESSION CLOCK
Vertical gray bars mark recessions.
As the federal deficit growth lines drop, we approach recession, which will be cured only when the growth lines rise. Increasing federal deficit growth (aka “stimulus”) is necessary for long-term economic growth.