Twitter: @rodgermitchell; Search #monetarysovereignty
Facebook: Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
●The more federal budgets are cut and taxes increased, the weaker an economy becomes.
●Austerity is the government’s method for widening the gap between rich and poor, which ultimately leads to civil disorder.
●Until the 99% understand the need for federal deficits, the upper 1% will rule.
●To survive long term, a monetarily non-sovereign government must have a positive balance of payments.
●Those, who do not understand the differences between Monetary Sovereignty and monetary non-sovereignty, do not understand economics.
●The penalty for ignorance is slavery.
●Everything in economics devolves to motive, and the motive is the gap.
We repeatedly are told our government keeps secrets from us to protect us from our enemies.
Nothing could be further from the truth. For the most part, our enemies either already know these secrets, and/or the secrets are not important to our security.
The universal purpose of government secrets is to protect the government from us. Few politicians would keep their jobs if we knew what they really were doing.
OpEdNews Op Eds 8/22/2014
The U.S. government’s creeping war on journalists
By David Sirota
As states move to hide details of government deals with Wall Street, and as politicians come up with new arguments to defend secrecy, a study released earlier this month revealed that many government information officers block specific journalists they don’t like from accessing information.
The news comes as 47 federal inspectors general sent a letter to lawmakers criticizing “serious limitations on access to records” that they say have “impeded” their oversight work.
Reason Magazine has reported a 114 percent increase in Freedom of Information Act rejections by the Drug Enforcement Agency since President Obama took office.
The National Security Agency has also issued blanket rejections of FOIA requests about its metadata program.
And the Associated Press reported earlier this year that in 2013, “the government cited national security to withhold information a record 8,496 times — a 57 percent increase over a year earlier and more than double Obama’s first year.”
(Even at the city level),in Chicago, for example, officials in Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s administration rejected a request for documents about an opaque $1.7 billion fund, some of which has flowed to the mayor’s political donors. Officials said it would take too much staff time to compile the data and that therefore the request was “unduly burdensome.“
Remember Rahm Emanuel? He honed his secrecy skills in the Obama administration. I urge you to read the entire article.
Then, consider Edward Snowden:
NSA leaker Edward Snowden asks to extend Russia asylum
By Greg Botelho, CNN
He leaked secret information about U.S. spying programs. You didn’t know the NSA was spying on you and your family in violation of the Constitution, taking incredible amounts of information about you, your friends, those with whom you make contact every day of your life.
Had the government asked, you would have denied permission for that intrusion into your privacy. It didn’t ask. It just took. And you only now are aware of it, thanks to Snowden, which makes him an enemy, not of America, but of the politicians.
According to Presidential hopeful, Hillary Clinton:
“I think he is a poor messenger for the message that he’s trying to take credit for. I think he could have provoked the debate in our country without stealing and distributing material that was government property and was of some consequence.”
“Stealing government property”? That’s the “grave” offense for which he is being hounded worldwide by government agencies? Exactly what “government property” did he steal? Your personal information, which Mrs. Clinton now considers “government property.”
And of what “consequence”? We never have been told exactly what harm Mr. Snowden is supposed to have caused. The only “harm” that has been documented is: He lifted a rock and many embarrassing secrets about illegal government activity slithered out.
Mrs. Clinton’s comment tells us much about what kind of President she hopes to be. Following President Obama’s false claims of “transparency,” she will be our next secrecy President.
Read this article about government secrets:
Constitutional Black Out
13 Things the Government is Trying to Keep Secret From You
by BILL QUIGLEY
“We believe most Americans would be stunned to learn the details of how these secret court opinions have interpreted…the Patriot Act. As we see it, there is now a significant gap between what most Americans think the law allows and what the government secretly claims the law allows.
This is a problem, because it is impossible to have an informed public debate about what the law should say when the public doesn’t know what its government thinks the law says.”
The Government falsely assured the US public in writing that privacy protections are significantly stronger than they actually are, and Senators who knew better were not allowed to disclose the truth
The paranoia about secrecy of surveillance is so bad in the House of Representatives that an elected member of Congress was threatened for passing around copies of the Snowden disclosures which had been already printed in newspapers worldwide
For secrecy to be effective, there must be false dangers from which we are told we must be protected by secret means. And of course, this secrecy requires giving up our liberties. Today’s false “dangers” include:
1. Criminal and contagiously diseased foreigners massively flooding across our borders. We need more police, “stopping and frisking,” not only at our borders, but throughout America.
2. Black and brown domestic criminals steal our jobs and can be controlled only by our privately owned guns, aggressive police and harsh punishments
3. Muslim terrorists lurking in every neighborhood, who wish to behead us, and whom only our secret police can control.
4. Russians who wish to conquer us and who can be controlled only by our powerful military and spy organizations.
5. Federal social spending on the criminal poor, which causes inflation, rampant unemployment and future poverty for our children. It must be cut.
Create enough fear and loathing, and the populace will do anything and question nothing. The politicians want frightened, docile voters.
And that brings us to the Big Lie. As readers of this blog know, the Big Lie is a composite lie, composed of several lies, including:
1. Federal finances are the same as personal finances (per President Obama)
2. Taxes and taxpayers pay for federal spending.
3. The federal government, Social Security, Medicare, SNAP (food stamps) and other agencies all are “broke” (to quote John Boehner), so taxes must be increased and/or benefits reduced.
[See a more complete list at: Which of these myths do you believe? A test of your knowledge.]
The purpose of the Big Lie is to widen the income/wealth/power Gap between the rich and the rest.
Federal deficit spending benefits the not-rich far more than it benefits the rich. The Big Lie is an attempt to convince you that federal deficit spending is harmful, and that austerity (i.e. deficit cutting) somehow protects you and your children from some awful, future consequences.
In summary, the rich control the politicians, the media and the university economists. The politicians are controlled via bribery in the form of campaign contributions and promises of lucrative employment later. The media are controlled via ownership. The university economists are controlled via contributions to their universities from those like the Koch brothers et al, who influence course content and teaching.
And the politicians control the populace via secrecy and the Big Lie.
So long as we continue to believe and vote for politicians who promote secrecy and the Big Lie, the income/wealth/power Gap will widen and we will be slaves to the rich.
Bribery, secrecy and the Big Lie: This is how each day, we and our children lose more of our freedom, our power and our American dream.
Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
Ten Steps to Prosperity:
1. Eliminate FICA (Click here)
2. Federally funded Medicare — parts A, B & D plus long term nursing care — for everyone (Click here)
3. Provide an Economic Bonus to every man, woman and child in America, and/or every state a per capita Economic Bonus. (Click here) Or institute a reverse income tax.
4. Free education (including post-grad) for everyone. Click here
5. Salary for attending school (Click here)
6. Eliminate corporate taxes (Click here)
7. Increase the standard income tax deduction annually
8. Tax the very rich (.1%) more, with higher, progressive tax rates on all forms of income. (Click here)
9. Federal ownership of all banks (Click here)
10. Increase federal spending on the myriad initiatives that benefit America’s 99% (Click here)
10 Steps to Economic Misery: (Click here:)
1. Maintain or increase the FICA tax..
2. Spread the myth Social Security, Medicare and the U.S. government are insolvent.
3. Cut federal employment in the military, post office, other federal agencies.
4. Broaden the income tax base so more lower income people will pay.
5. Cut financial assistance to the states.
6. Spread the myth federal taxes pay for federal spending.
7. Allow banks to trade for their own accounts; save them when their investments go sour.
8. Never prosecute any banker for criminal activity.
9. Nominate arch conservatives to the Supreme Court.
10. Reduce the federal deficit and debt
No nation can tax itself into prosperity, nor grow without money growth. Monetary Sovereignty: Cutting federal deficits to grow the economy is like applying leeches to cure anemia.
Two key equations in economics:
1. Federal Deficits – Net Imports = Net Private Savings
2. Gross Domestic Product = Federal Spending + Private Investment and Consumption – Net Imports
THE RECESSION CLOCK
Vertical gray bars mark recessions.
As the federal deficit growth lines drop, we approach recession, which will be cured only when the growth lines rise. Increasing federal deficit growth (aka “stimulus”) is necessary for long-term economic growth.