Twitter: @rodgermitchell; Search #monetarysovereignty
Facebook: Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
•Those, who do not understand the differences between Monetary Sovereignty and monetary non-sovereignty, do not understand economics.
•Any monetarily NON-sovereign government — be it city, county, state or nation — that runs an ongoing trade deficit, eventually will run out of money.
•The more federal budgets are cut and taxes increased, the weaker an economy becomes..
•Liberals think the purpose of government is to protect the poor and powerless from the rich and powerful. Conservatives think the purpose of government is to protect the rich and powerful from the poor and powerless.
•The single most important problem in economics is the Gap between rich and poor.
•Austerity is the government’s method for widening the Gap between rich and poor.
•Until the 99% understand the need for federal deficits, the upper 1% will rule.
•Everything in economics devolves to motive, and the motive is the Gap between the rich and the rest..
You might think one of the qualifications for the U.S. Presidency is sanity, or at least common sense. Clearly, that is not the case, as witness some of the leading candidates.
Most astounding is that the guy most seriously lacking common sense, is also the current leader in the Republican polls, Ben Carson, who among his beliefs are:
1. Women who get abortions are like slaveholders
Carson compared women who terminate their unwanted pregnancies to slaveowners who “thought that they had the right to do whatever they wanted to that slave.” He went on to call for an outlaw of abortion, even in cases of rape and incest. “I would not be in favor of killing a baby because the baby came about in that way.”
Yes, a 12-year-old girl who is raped, surely should be forced to carry, deliver and raise an unwanted child. That is exactly what is good for the girl, for the child and for society.
2. Obamacare is the worst thing since slavery
“And it is in a way, it is slavery in a way, because it is making all of us subservient to the government, and it was never about health care,” he added. “It was about control.”
In Carsonworld, being “controlled” means receiving healthcare you otherwise could not afford, which naturally, is worse than being a slave.
3. Jews could have prevented the Holocaust if they had guns
“I think the likelihood of Hitler being able to accomplish his goals would have been greatly diminished if the people had been armed.”
Sure, Jews with guns would have been able to stop the German military, consisting of tanks, planes, guns and well-trained soldiers — a military that all the armies of Europe were unable to stop.
4. College campuses should be monitored for liberal political speech
Carson advocated for the censorship of “extreme political bias” on college campuses, saying the Department of Education should “monitor our institutions of higher education for extreme political bias and deny federal funding if it exists.”
The next day, he clarified during a different conservative radio program that his plan wouldn’t hurt conservatives. When host Dana Loesch asked if “the pendulum would swing the other way and we would see sort of like monitoring of political speech for conservatives,” Carson assured her that it would not. “I think we would have to put in very strict guidelines for the way that that was done.”
Translation: “I don’t believe in Constitutional free speech, and I have no idea what I’m talking about, but my right wing supporters won’t notice.”
5. Muslims should be disqualified from the presidency
“I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that.”
No bigotry, implied. And forget the Constitution. I just don’t like Muslims (or Catholics, Jews, Buddhists, gays or anyone else different from me — including liberals and whites.)
6. Being gay is a choice because prison turns people gay
Carson said that homosexuality is a choice, citing people who “go into prison straight – and when they come out, they’re gay” as proof.
Excuse me, Dr. Carson, if sexual orientation is a choice, exactly when did you choose to become straight?
7. Marriage equality a “Marxist plot.”
Marriage equality supporters are “enemies of America.
Odd, that he equates gay rights with communism. Perhaps this expert on international diplomacy doesn’t realize Russia notoriously is intolerant of gays.
8. The military should not be subject to any war crimes law.
“If you’re gonna have rules for war, you should just have a rule that says no war. Other than that, we have to win.”
Do not try to figure out what that means. His logic is unfathomable.
9. Obama is depressing the economy to keep people on welfare
“Perhaps some of the things that are going on right now which could be easily remedied are not being remedied in order to keep the economy depressed because there would be no appetite for many of the social programs if people were doing well.”
Um, so liberals work to keep people poor, so there can be social programs that help poor people. Huh?
10. Congress should be able to remove judges for voting for marriage equality
Carson said it was “unconstitutional” that judges have ruled in favor of equality. When federal judges make rulings like this, “our Congress actually has the right to reprimand or remove them.”
Constitutional scholar, Ben Carson, doesn’t believe in the separation of powers dictated by the Constitution.
And here are a few more non-sensical beliefs from the man many people want as President of the most powerful nation on earth:
11. Not Taxing Poor People is “Condescending”
Carson held that it’s “condescending,” to suggest that low-income Americans can’t pay their “fair share” of taxes, because “poor people have pride, too” and “don’t want to be just taken care of.”
Carson couldn’t explain how his plan wouldn’t increase taxes on the poor, the working class, and middle class.
Of course, he can’t explain it. It’s beyond explanation.
12. The President Can Ignore The Supreme Court
Carson told right-wing outlet Newsmax TV that the president can ignore the Supreme Court on marriage equality.
Apparently, if elected President, this Constitutional expert plans to ignore the Supreme Court when it pleases him.
13. We Should Stop Being Mean To The Police, Because It Makes Them “Timid”
Carson told faith and community leaders to stop criticizing the police, lest it make them too timid to do their job.
Obviously, the police are perfect and are above criticism. As for those shootings of unarmed black males, they resulted from police timidity.
14. Protests Against Police Violence Help ISIS And Al Qaeda
Because, as everyone knows, it is our local police, not our military, who are fighting ISIS and Al Qaeda.
15. The “women’s lib” movement led to police shootings.
“Young African-American men like Michael Brown” are getting killed by the police because they “never really learn how to relate to authority in the proper way.”
Clearly, if women did not enjoy the same freedoms and liberties as men, there would be fewer police shootings. Anyone could see that — if their mind were twisted enough.
16. President Obama Is Engaged in a Leninist Plot To Destroy The Economy
Carson tied together Benghazi, marijuana use, and Pharrell Williams’ “Happy” to suggest that communists in government are out to destroy the U.S. economy. And the main “communist,” of course, is the president.
And here you mistakenly thought Sen. Joseph McCarthy and his crazy ideas were dead.
17. Carson told Breitbart News that the U.S. is “very much like Nazi Germany,” and recommended that Americans read “Mein Kampf” if they want to understand President Obama.
Not sure about a relationship between Mein Kampf and President Obama, but with Republicans like Donald Trump wanting to round up immigrants and ship them (in box cars?) to (concentration camps?), maybe the good Doctor is on to something.
18. God Gave Him The Answers To His College Chemistry Final
At the National Day of Prayer gathering, Carson told the audience that God helped him ace his chemistry final by giving him the answers in a dream.
One is left to wonder why God didn’t give all those other kids the answers. One also is left to wonder why Carson didn’t know the answers, but needed divine assistance to pass the test.
And the lunacy continues:
19. Ben Carson’s Strange Theory About The Egyptian Pyramids
Carson posited in a 1998 commencement address at Andrews University that the pyramids in Egypt were used for grain storage rather than as tombs for ancient kings and queens.
The climate expert, Constitution expert, Holocaust expert and Marxism expert, also is an Egyptology expert — the only one who knows what he knows.
20. Many scientists believe aliens built the pyramids.
“Various of scientists (sic) have said, ‘Well, you know there were alien beings that came down and they have special knowledge and that’s how.’ You know, it doesn’t require an alien being when God is with you.”
Asked Wednesday by CBS News whether he still believed the pyramids were primarily used for grain storage, Carson said, “It’s still my belief, yes.”
Thankfully, Dr. Ben straightened out the scientists on their belief in aliens building the pyramids and the fake mummies.
21. Carson believes Evolution is an invention of Satan
“I personally believe that this theory that Darwin came up with was something that was encouraged by the adversary [Satan], and it has become what is scientifically politically correct. Amazingly, there are a significant number of scientists who do not believe it but they are afraid to say anything.”
Yes, “a significant number of scientists” are afraid to renounce science and admit that Darwin was encouraged by Satan. After all, it makes absolute sense.
This guy thinks he is qualified to be President of the most powerful nation in world history.
Today, Carson is leading in the Republican polls. So my question is: Who the heck are all those people who agree with him?</strong>
Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
Ten Steps to Prosperity:
1. Eliminate FICA (Click here)
2. Federally funded Medicare — parts A, B & D plus long term nursing care — for everyone (Click here)
3. Provide an Economic Bonus to every man, woman and child in America, and/or every state a per capita Economic Bonus. (Click here) Or institute a reverse income tax.
4. Free education (including post-grad) for everyone. Click here
5. Salary for attending school (Click here)
6. Eliminate corporate taxes (Click here)
7. Increase the standard income tax deduction annually Click here
8. Tax the very rich (.1%) more, with higher, progressive tax rates on all forms of income. (Click here)
9. Federal ownership of all banks (Click here and here)
10. Increase federal spending on the myriad initiatives that benefit America’s 99% (Click here)
The Ten Steps will add dollars to the economy, stimulate the economy, and narrow the income/wealth/power Gap between the rich and the rest.
10 Steps to Economic Misery: (Click here:)
1. Maintain or increase the FICA tax..
2. Spread the myth Social Security, Medicare and the U.S. government are insolvent.
3. Cut federal employment in the military, post office, other federal agencies.
4. Broaden the income tax base so more lower income people will pay.
5. Cut financial assistance to the states.
6. Spread the myth federal taxes pay for federal spending.
7. Allow banks to trade for their own accounts; save them when their investments go sour.
8. Never prosecute any banker for criminal activity.
9. Nominate arch conservatives to the Supreme Court.
10. Reduce the federal deficit and debt
No nation can tax itself into prosperity, nor grow without money growth. Monetary Sovereignty: Cutting federal deficits to grow the economy is like applying leeches to cure anemia.
1. A growing economy requires a growing supply of dollars (GDP=Federal Spending + Non-federal Spending + Net Exports)
2. All deficit spending grows the supply of dollars
3. The limit to federal deficit spending is an inflation that cannot be cured with interest rate control.
4. The limit to non-federal deficit spending is the ability to borrow.
THE RECESSION CLOCK
Vertical gray bars mark recessions. Recessions come after the blue line drops below zero and when deficit growth declines.
As the federal deficit growth lines drop, we approach recessions, each of which has been cured only when the growth lines rose.
Increasing federal deficit growth (aka “stimulus”) is necessary for long-term economic growth.