Twitter: @rodgermitchell; Search #monetarysovereignty
Facebook: Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
•Those, who do not understand the differences between Monetary Sovereignty and monetary non-sovereignty, do not understand economics.
•Any monetarily NON-sovereign government — be it city, county, state or nation — that runs an ongoing trade deficit, eventually will run out of money.
•The more federal budgets are cut and taxes increased, the weaker an economy becomes. .
•Liberals think the purpose of government is to protect the poor and powerless from the rich and powerful. Conservatives think the purpose of government is to protect the rich and powerful from the poor and powerless.
•The single most important problem in economics is the Gap between rich and poor.
•Austerity is the government’s method for widening the Gap between rich and poor.
•Until the 99% understand the need for federal deficits, the upper 1% will rule.
•Everything in economics devolves to motive, and the motive is the Gap between the rich and the rest..
Now that endless votes to end “Obamacare” proved to be utter folly, and the Benghazi inquisition was shown to be a naked, political attempt to toss mud at Hillary Clinton, only to have the mud splash on the mud slingers, we are about to be treated to the next money-wasting, time-wasting pander to the far-off right: “BENGHABORTION.”
Boehner selects GOP panel to probe abortion practices
By Kellan Howell – The Washington Times – Friday, October 23, 2015
Outgoing House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) on Friday announced his picks for the new Select Investigative Panel that will probe the practices of abortion providers like Planned Parenthood.
Translation: Considering all the major problems facing America, this is just what the nation needs: Yet another House investigative panel, allowing Representatives to preen and posture on government time and money, rather than to govern or solve problems.
The following Republican representatives will make up the House Energy and Commerce Committee’s new investigative panel:
Rep. Marsha Blackburn, Chairman (R-TN), Rep. Joe Pitts (R-PA), Rep. Diane Black (R-TN), Rep. Larry Bucshon (R-IN)Rep. Sean Duffy (R-WI), Rep. Andy Harris (R-MD), Rep. Vicki Hartzler (R-MO), and Rep. Mia Love (R-UT).
Translation: Legal abortion is the law of the land. Republicans don’t like this law of the land. The purpose of their latest “investigative” panel will not be to investigate anything illegal, but to criticize those who obey the law of the land. How very productive.
The new panel has been created in the wake of several undercover videos that revealed Planned Parenthood’s questionable practice of selling aborted fetal tissue, and possibly profiting from the sales.
Translation: In far-off right-wing code-speak, “Questionable” means “legal” and “possibly” means “not.” Confused? That’s the whole idea.
“Recent videos exposing the abortion-for-baby parts business have shocked the nation, and demanded action. At my request, three House committees have been investigating the abortion business, but we still don’t have the full truth,” Mr. Boehner said.
Translation: “The nation” means “the far-off right.”
Here we have the phony implication that people are having abortions in order to supply so-called “baby parts.” Never mind that no woman ever does that, nor is there any evidence whatsoever that women are being urged to have unnecessary abortions.
But hey, who needs evidence, when you’re pandering?
And as for Boehner’s desire for “the full truth,” that will come only when he says, “Let’s face it, this whole thing is a pageant to entertain the far-off right-wing, who need their daily fix of ‘abortion,’ ‘guns,’ “immigrants’ and ‘religion.’ It’s how we get their votes.”
The new committee will have the resources and subpoena power to “get to the bottom of these horrific practices, and build on our work to protect the sanctity of all human life,” Mr. Boehner said.
Translation: The “horrific practices” are not being done by Planned Parenthood, but rather by the time-wasting, money-wasting, witch-hunting far-off right-wing Congress.
“Build on the sanctity of all human life” is far-off right-wing speak for “overturn abortion laws.”
Note to Boehner: Holding yet another phony Congressional probe will not convince America that abortion should be outlawed or that Republicans know how to govern or to offer real solutions to real problems.
But, let the BENHABORTION circus begin!
Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
Ten Steps to Prosperity:
1. Eliminate FICA (Click here)
2. Federally funded Medicare — parts A, B & D plus long term nursing care — for everyone (Click here)
3. Provide an Economic Bonus to every man, woman and child in America, and/or every state a per capita Economic Bonus. (Click here) Or institute a reverse income tax.
4. Free education (including post-grad) for everyone. Click here
5. Salary for attending school (Click here)
6. Eliminate corporate taxes (Click here)
7. Increase the standard income tax deduction annually Click here
8. Tax the very rich (.1%) more, with higher, progressive tax rates on all forms of income. (Click here)
9. Federal ownership of all banks (Click here and here)
10. Increase federal spending on the myriad initiatives that benefit America’s 99% (Click here)
The Ten Steps will add dollars to the economy, stimulate the economy, and narrow the income/wealth/power Gap between the rich and the rest.
10 Steps to Economic Misery: (Click here:)
1. Maintain or increase the FICA tax..
2. Spread the myth Social Security, Medicare and the U.S. government are insolvent.
3. Cut federal employment in the military, post office, other federal agencies.
4. Broaden the income tax base so more lower income people will pay.
5. Cut financial assistance to the states.
6. Spread the myth federal taxes pay for federal spending.
7. Allow banks to trade for their own accounts; save them when their investments go sour.
8. Never prosecute any banker for criminal activity.
9. Nominate arch conservatives to the Supreme Court.
10. Reduce the federal deficit and debt
No nation can tax itself into prosperity, nor grow without money growth. Monetary Sovereignty: Cutting federal deficits to grow the economy is like applying leeches to cure anemia.
1. A growing economy requires a growing supply of dollars (GDP=Federal Spending + Non-federal Spending + Net Exports)
2. All deficit spending grows the supply of dollars
3. The limit to federal deficit spending is an inflation that cannot be cured with interest rate control.
4. The limit to non-federal deficit spending is the ability to borrow.
THE RECESSION CLOCK
Recessions come after the blue line drops below zero.
Vertical gray bars mark recessions.
As the federal deficit growth lines drop, we approach recession, which will be cured only when the growth lines rise. Increasing federal deficit growth (aka “stimulus”) is necessary for long-term economic growth.