Twitter: @rodgermitchell; Search #monetarysovereignty
Facebook: Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
•Those, who do not understand the differences between Monetary Sovereignty and monetary non-sovereignty, do not understand economics.
•Any monetarily NON-sovereign government — be it city, county, state or nation — that runs an ongoing trade deficit, eventually will run out of money.
•The more federal budgets are cut and taxes increased, the weaker an economy becomes. .
•Liberals think the purpose of government is to protect the poor and powerless from the rich and powerful. Conservatives think the purpose of government is to protect the rich and powerful from the poor and powerless.
•The single most important problem in economics is the Gap between rich and poor.
•Austerity is the government’s method for widening the Gap between rich and poor.
•Until the 99% understand the need for federal deficits, the upper 1% will rule.
•Everything in economics devolves to motive, and the motive is the Gap between the rich and the rest..
The nation has gone insane, and here is the proof:
The core of Trump’s campaign platform is based on his opposition to illegal immigration and his heated rhetoric describing it.
And Republican voters seem to be responding: 44% of them told CNN that Trump was the best candidate to handle the issue.
What exactly is Trump’s “cure” for illegal immigration? In addition to the impossibility and immorality of building a 2,000 mile (Berlin) wall and “forcing” Mexico to pay for it, here is the other part of his “plan.”
Trump called for ending birthright citizenship, or the right of anyone born in the US to American citizenship.
“That’s not going to happen because the 14th Amendment says if you’re born here, you’re an American,” O’Reilly said. “And you can’t kick Americans out. The courts would block you at every turn. You must know all that.”
Trump insisted that the Constitution did not grant citizenship to “anchor babies,” a pejorative term used to describe the children of people who enter the country illegally with the purpose of having a son or daughter who would then be granted US citizenship.
“Bill, I think you’re wrong about the 14th Amendmen. And frankly, the whole thing with ‘anchor babies’ and the concept of ‘anchor babies’ — I don’t think you’re right about that.”
O’Reilly was incredulous.
If someone is so right-wing bigoted that even Bill O’Reilly is incredulous, they must really have gone off the rails.
“I can quote it!” O’Reilly exclaimed. “You want me to quote you the amendment? If you’re born here, you’re an American — period! Period!”
The Fox host later added: “You are not going to be able to deport people who have American citizenship now. And the federal courts will never allow mass deportations without due process for each and every one.
“And do you envision federal police kicking in the doors in barrios around the country, dragging families out?”
Hmmm . . . An amoral politician, basing his popularity on fomenting hatred against a minority. Government police kicking in doors, dragging families out and deporting them.
Does that remind you of anything?
Mr. Trump, perhaps Germany still has some cattle cars you can use, when you drag the people out to deport them.
But Trump, citing unnamed lawyers, held his ground on the citizenship issue.
“Bill, I don’t think that they have American citizenship,” he said. “And if you speak to some very, very good lawyers — and I know some would disagree, but many of them agree with me — you’re going to find they do not have American citizenship. We have to start a process where we take back our country. Our country is going to hell.”
For the record, the text of the amendment would seem to favor O’Reilly’s interpretation in the dispute. It states: “All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States.”
The latest polls indicate 44% of Republicans feel Trump is the best candidate to handle the immigration issue.
44% of Republicans! If that doesn’t scare the heck out of you, then you have zero understanding of history.
But Trump is right about one thing: Our country is going to hell.
And Trump is taking us there.
Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
Ten Steps to Prosperity:
1. Eliminate FICA (Click here)
2. Federally funded Medicare — parts A, B & D plus long term nursing care — for everyone (Click here)
3. Provide an Economic Bonus to every man, woman and child in America, and/or every state a per capita Economic Bonus. (Click here) Or institute a reverse income tax.
4. Free education (including post-grad) for everyone. Click here
5. Salary for attending school (Click here)
6. Eliminate corporate taxes (Click here)
7. Increase the standard income tax deduction annually
8. Tax the very rich (.1%) more, with higher, progressive tax rates on all forms of income. (Click here)
9. Federal ownership of all banks (Click here and here)
10. Increase federal spending on the myriad initiatives that benefit America’s 99% (Click here)
The Ten Steps will add dollars to the economy, stimulate the economy, and narrow the income/wealth/power Gap between the rich and the rest.
10 Steps to Economic Misery: (Click here:)
1. Maintain or increase the FICA tax..
2. Spread the myth Social Security, Medicare and the U.S. government are insolvent.
3. Cut federal employment in the military, post office, other federal agencies.
4. Broaden the income tax base so more lower income people will pay.
5. Cut financial assistance to the states.
6. Spread the myth federal taxes pay for federal spending.
7. Allow banks to trade for their own accounts; save them when their investments go sour.
8. Never prosecute any banker for criminal activity.
9. Nominate arch conservatives to the Supreme Court.
10. Reduce the federal deficit and debt
No nation can tax itself into prosperity, nor grow without money growth. Monetary Sovereignty: Cutting federal deficits to grow the economy is like applying leeches to cure anemia.
1. A growing economy requires a growing supply of dollars (GDP=Federal Spending + Non-federal Spending + Net Exports)
2. All deficit spending grows the supply of dollars
3. The limit to federal deficit spending is an inflation that cannot be cured with interest rate control.
4. The limit to non-federal deficit spending is the ability to borrow.
THE RECESSION CLOCK
Vertical gray bars mark recessions.
As the federal deficit growth lines drop, we approach recession, which will be cured only when the growth lines rise. Increasing federal deficit growth (aka “stimulus”) is necessary for long-term economic growth.