Twitter: @rodgermitchell; Search #monetarysovereignty
Facebook: Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
●The more federal budgets are cut and taxes increased, the weaker an economy becomes.
●Austerity is the government’s method for widening the gap between rich and poor, which ultimately leads to civil disorder.
●Until the 99% understand the need for federal deficits, the upper 1% will rule.
●To survive long term, a monetarily non-sovereign government must have a positive balance of payments.
●Those, who do not understand the differences between Monetary Sovereignty and monetary non-sovereignty, do not understand economics.
●The penalty for ignorance is slavery.
●Everything in economics devolves to motive.
The Republicans are clever enough to know they lose elections because they alienate the young, the poor, the middle, the gay, the Latin, the black and the women, essentially leaving the right-wing to bitter, old, white, male bigots (who claim to love God) as their base.
So one might believe these clever, bitter, old, white, male bigots would at least pretend they have changed. But no-o-o-o-o-o-o. They can’t bring themselves to keep from stepping on their tongues, and displaying their underlying ignorance and bigotry.
Republican, Tea Party conservative Senator Todd Akin famously said “It seems to me, from what I understand from doctors, (pregnancy from rape is) really rare. If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work or something: I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be of the rapist, and not attacking the child.”
That incredibly stupid comment — which is in line with right-wing thinking — cost him his Senate seat, tossed out by angry women. Republican lesson learned?
Um, not quite.
Republican, Tea Party conservative Senator Richard Mourdock famously said, “I just struggled with it myself for a long time but I came to realize life is that gift from God that I think even if life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.”
That incredibly stupid comment (after a long struggle of thought) — which is in line with right-wing thinking — cost him his Senate seat, tossed out by angry women. Republican lesson learned?
Um, not quite.
We now have Republican, Tea Party conservative Representative Trent Franks:
Republican Argues The Incidence Of Pregnancy From Rape Is ‘Very Low’
June 12th, 2013, Jason Sattler
Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ) argued Wednesday that the number of women who get pregnant due to rape is “very low.”
“Before, when my friends on the left side of the aisle here tried to make rape and incest the subject — because, you know, the incidence of rape resulting in pregnancy are [sic] very low”
Yikes! Clearly, this idiocy is a tenet of right wing, Christian dogma — something they all know for sure, and so deeply is this false conviction held, they simply cannot help themselves from repeating it.
Perhaps they hope if they keep repeating it, but a bit differently — “legitimate rape,” “the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down,” “gift from God,” “something that God intended,” “the incidence of rape resulting in pregnancy are very low” — that somehow the lie magically will become the truth, and that women magically will come to love them.
Attention: Old, right-wing, male, God-loving but female-hating bigots. Being stupid is not a sure path to election. O.K.,, being stupid may help if you live in a stupid, right-wing, God-loving but female-hating district, though even so, there is limit to how far stupidity will take you.
(Yes, three dozen useless votes against Obamacare is equally right-wing stupid, but they won’t cost you as many voters.)
Remember this: Rape is not legitimate. God doesn’t endorse rape. And pregnancy from rape is no less frequent than pregnancy from consensual sex.
Keep repeating it to yourself until you understand it.
Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
Nine Steps to Prosperity:
1. Eliminate FICA (Click here)
2. Medicare — parts A, B & D — for everyone
3. Send every American citizen an annual check for $5,000 or give every state $5,000 per capita (Click here)
4. Long-term nursing care for everyone
5. Free education (including post-grad) for everyone. Click here
6. Salary for attending school (Click here)
7. Eliminate corporate taxes
8. Increase the standard income tax deduction annually
9. Increase federal spending on the myriad initiatives that benefit America’s 99%
10 Steps to Economic Misery: (Click here:)
1. Maintain or increase the FICA tax..
2. Spread the myth Social Security, Medicare and the U.S. government are insolvent.
3. Cut federal employment in the military, post office, other federal agencies.
4. Broaden the income tax base so more lower income people will pay.
5. Cut financial assistance to the states.
6. Spread the myth federal taxes pay for federal spending.
7. Allow banks to trade for their own accounts; save them when their investments go sour.
8. Never prosecute any banker for criminal activity.
9. Nominate arch conservatives to the Supreme Court.
10. Reduce the federal deficit and debt
No nation can tax itself into prosperity, nor grow without money growth. Monetary Sovereignty: Cutting federal deficits to grow the economy is like applying leeches to cure anemia.
Two key equations in economics:
1. Federal Deficits – Net Imports = Net Private Savings
2. Gross Domestic Product = Federal Spending + Private Investment and Consumption – Net Imports