Do you generally vote Republican, Democrat, or independent? The two main parties have changed during the past few decades. Republicans have moved to the right. Democrats have split.
Have you moved with them?
Here are some beliefs often expressed in the news. How many beliefs do you agree with? Be honest with yourself.
TRUE or FALSE
- Donald Trump did much to make America great, again._____
- Donald Trump did not attempt a coup._____
- Trump was cheated out of the Presidency by fraudulent voting._____
- It’s OK that Trump employed his family in the White House._____
- Trump has not committed serious criminal acts._____
- It doesn’t matter whether or not Trump cheated on three wives._____
- It doesn’t matter whether or not Trump paid federal taxes._____
- FOX News provides reliable news.____
- Tucker Carlson provides reliable news._____
- The COVID vaccination is dangerous or useless._____
- COVID masks don’t work._____
- Scientific studies about climate change and COVID often lie._____
- God actually exists._____
- Christianity is the only true religion._____
- Atheists are a grave danger to America. _____
- Abortion is murder._____
- Gun control laws take away my 2nd Amendment rights._____
- Easy access to guns makes Americans safer._____
- School teachers should be armed_____
- The 2nd Amendment does not say gun owners should be in a well-regulated Militia,_____
- I favor open-carry of guns._____
- There should be no restrictions on the size of gun magazines._____
- Medicare for All is a bad idea._____
- There should be no separation between church and state._____
- Women generally are not as capable as men._____
- Blacks tend to be lazy, criminal, and/or receive too many free benefits._____
- Blacks receive unfair advantages._____
- Mexicans and other Latins tend to be lazy, criminal, and/or receive too many free benefits._____
- Undocumented immigrants are a danger to America._____
- Orientals are taking over America._____
- Jews are trying to take over the world._____
- Native Americans are not civilized._____
- The poor tend to be takers, not producers._____
- Global warming is not man-made._____
- White supremacists are correct in much of what they say._____
- QAnon is right about a lot of things.
- We are being replaced by non-white, non-Christians_____
- The Supreme Court was wrong not to have declared Obamacare unconstitutional._____
- Food stamps and most other poverty aids are a bad idea._____
- Building affordable housing for the poor in my area is a bad idea_____
- We need increased military spending_____
- There should be no immigration path to citizenship_____
- Gay marriage is morally wrong._____
- Gays are grooming young children to be gay._____
- Muslims are a danger to America._____
- There are some crimes for which I favor the death penalty._____
- Being born in America should not guarantee citizenship._____
- DACA children (“Dreamers”) should be sent home._____
- Most illegal drugs come into America via undocumented immigrants._____
- Children should not be allowed to have gender-affirming treatment._____
- A history of slavery and bigotry in America should not be taught.____
- Parents know better than teachers what their children should be taught._____
- The burning of books is appropriate in some cases._____
If you answered “False” to almost all of the above you probably are a Democrat or an independent depending on the number of False’s.
If you answered “True” to about half, you probably are a Republican or a RINO. You could slide either way.
If you answered “True” to more than half of the above, you are a Trump Republican.
Nice to discover who you really are, isn’t it? Proud of it?
Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
Twitter: @rodgermitchell Search #monetarysovereignty
Facebook: Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF GOVERNMENT IS TO IMPROVE AND PROTECT THE LIVES OF THE PEOPLE.
The most important problems in economics involve:
- Monetary Sovereignty describes money creation and destruction.
- Gap Psychology describes the common desire to distance oneself from those “below” in any socio-economic ranking, and to come nearer those “above.” The socio-economic distance is referred to as “The Gap.”
Wide Gaps negatively affect poverty, health and longevity, education, housing, law and crime, war, leadership, ownership, bigotry, supply and demand, taxation, GDP, international relations, scientific advancement, the environment, human motivation and well-being, and virtually every other issue in economics. Implementation of Monetary Sovereignty and The Ten Steps To Prosperity can grow the economy and narrow the Gaps: Ten Steps To Prosperity:
- Eliminate FICA
- Federally funded Medicare — parts A, B & D, plus long-term care — for everyone
- Social Security for all
- Free education (including post-grad) for everyone
- Salary for attending school
- Eliminate federal taxes on business
- Increase the standard income tax deduction, annually.
- Tax the very rich (the “.1%”) more, with higher progressive tax rates on all forms of income.
- Federal ownership of all banks
- Increase federal spending on the myriad initiatives that benefit America’s 99.9%
The Ten Steps will grow the economy and narrow the income/wealth/power Gap between the rich and the rest.