From the 7/16/21 Chicago Tribune:
It’s still unknown why an Iowa man allegedly had a rifle with a laser scope in his hotel room overlooking a downtown Chicago beach
Casteel, 32, of Ankeny, Iowa, was arrested at the hotel in the 600 block of North DuSable Lake Shore Drive on July 4 and charged with two counts of aggravated unlawful use of a weapon. In addition to the rifle, police recovered several rifle magazines and a .45-caliber handgun from his 12th-floor room, prosecutors have said.
“See, it’s like this. I’m going to Chicago on a vacation, so I decide that for . . . uh . . .protection . . . I need to take my rifle plus its laser scope, along with a few loaded magazines.
“Oh, and to be doubly safe, I even took, my .45-caliber handgun.
“So, if I’m walking down Michigan Avenue, and someone wants to rob me, I just can whip out my rifle, and get him sighted in my laser scope, and start blasting away. And then, if that doesn’t do the job, I can finish him off with my .45.
“Really, it’s all for . . . uh . . . protection.”
OK, Casteel didn’t actually say those words.
Click the link at the top of this article. You won’t believe the real reason why he came to Chicago, packing major heat.
And then think about how all the gun-nuts, in cahoots with a right-wing Supreme Court and its claim that the “well-regulated militia,” mentioned in the Constitution, what just so much garbage, so fire at will — think about all the deaths and suicides this intentional misreading of the Constitution has cost America.
Thousands of murders and suicides, but the real danger to America is what . . . Mexican families at the border? The federal debt? Liberals? Black people?
Does it all get any more stupid than this?
Rodger Malcolm Mitchell Monetary Sovereignty Twitter: @rodgermitchell Search #monetarysovereignty Facebook: Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF GOVERNMENT IS TO IMPROVE AND PROTECT THE LIVES OF THE PEOPLE.
The most important problems in economics involve:
- Monetary Sovereignty describes money creation and destruction.
- Gap Psychology describes the common desire to distance oneself from those “below” in any socio-economic ranking, and to come nearer those “above.” The socio-economic distance is referred to as “The Gap.”
Wide Gaps negatively affect poverty, health and longevity, education, housing, law and crime, war, leadership, ownership, bigotry, supply and demand, taxation, GDP, international relations, scientific advancement, the environment, human motivation and well-being, and virtually every other issue in economics. Implementation of Monetary Sovereignty and The Ten Steps To Prosperity can grow the economy and narrow the Gaps: Ten Steps To Prosperity:
- Eliminate FICA
- Federally funded Medicare — parts A, B & D, plus long-term care — for everyone
- Social Security for all
- Free education (including post-grad) for everyone
- Salary for attending school
- Eliminate federal taxes on business
- Increase the standard income tax deduction, annually.
- Tax the very rich (the “.1%”) more, with higher progressive tax rates on all forms of income.
- Federal ownership of all banks
- Increase federal spending on the myriad initiatives that benefit America’s 99.9%
The Ten Steps will grow the economy and narrow the income/wealth/power Gap between the rich and the rest.