Twitter: @rodgermitchell; Search #monetarysovereignty
Facebook: Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
•Those, who do not understand the differences between Monetary Sovereignty and monetary non-sovereignty, do not understand economics.
•Any monetarily NON-sovereign government — be it city, county, state or nation — that runs an ongoing trade deficit, eventually will run out of money.
•The more federal budgets are cut and taxes increased, the weaker an economy becomes..
•Liberals think the purpose of government is to protect the poor and powerless from the rich and powerful. Conservatives think the purpose of government is to protect the rich and powerful from the poor and powerless.
•The single most important problem in economics is the Gap between rich and the rest..
•Austerity is the government’s method for widening the Gap between rich and poor.
•Until the 99% understand the need for federal deficits, the upper 1% will rule.
•Everything in economics devolves to motive, and the motive is the Gap between the rich and the rest..
The people who most aggressively claim to be “patriots,” continue to be the least patriotic people America must suffer.
These are the phony “patriots” who wish to deport 11 million men, women and children, many of whom have been good, law-abiding Americans for decades, just because an unnecessarily slow, complex, Byzantine system has not provided documentation.
These are the lying “patriots” who classify most Mexican immigrants as criminals and rapists.
These are the venal “patriots” who classify most black college students as too stupid to attend good schools. (Justice Scalia Suggests Blacks Belong at “Slower” Colleges
These are the amoral “patriots” who vote to reduce unemployment compensation, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps and other benefits for the middle classes and the poor, because they claim the poorer classes are so lazy they won’t work if given money (but, of course, the rich will work if given money.)
These are the moronic “patriots” who repeatedly vote against their own best interests, only because they believe those poorer will be hurt more.
And, to paraphrase Ronald Reagan, “Here they go, again.”
Almost two-thirds of likely 2016 Republican primary voters favor Donald Trump’s call to temporarily ban Muslims from entering the U.S., while more than a third say it makes them more likely to vote for him.
“We believe these numbers are made up of some people who are truly expressing religious bigotry and others who are fearful about terrorism and are willing to do anything they think might make us safer,” Doug Usher, who runs polling for Washington-based Purple Strategies, said in his analysis of the findings.
“This indicates that, despite some conventional wisdom expressed in the last 48 hours, this is unlikely to hurt Trump at least in the primary campaign.”
The title of this post is “We shall see. The Shames of America.” It refers to at least two shames:.
Shame 1. There are so many bigots in America, who would ban individuals, not because they ever have done anything wrong, but rather because of the way they worship or the color of their skin.
This is ironic, because freedom of religion is one reason the original settlers fled to America, and also is one of the Constitutional rights the conservates repeatedly claim for themselves.
It also is ironic because more than 600,000 real patriots died, and hundreds of thousands more were wounded in the American battle to eliminate racial bigotry
Shame 2. There are so many stupid people in America, who repeatedly vote to cut benefits for themselves, because they believe the lies the rich tell them about the middle classes and the poor.
Today’s Republican party, formerly the party of Abraham Lincoln, directs its appeals to the lowest common denominator of American morals and intelligence.
So, in a year we shall see whether the U.S. Supreme Court will be filled with Scalias, Thomases and Alitos, who will claim money is speech and who will vote for more laws allowing unlimited spending to buy elections and greater restrictions on minority voting.
We shall see whether taxes on the 1% are cut while taxes on the 99% are increased via “flat” taxes, sales taxes and FICA increases.
We shall see whether Social Security benefits, Medicare benefits, Medicaid benefits, food stamps and other poverty aids are cut.
We shall see whether every angry, bigoted incompetent is allowed to carry fully automatic guns, with huge magazines, everywhere.
We shall see whether there is an increase in the number of mosques, synagogues, temples and churches burned, shot up, trashed or otherwise violated by mental bantams who were agitated by despicable politicians.
We shall see whether a raped young girl is raped again by cruel, self-appointed judges who deny her an abortion to save her life.
We shall see whether America contains more stupid, immoral, self-destructive voters than those who are intelligent and compassionate.
We shall see if the America is the moral leader of the world, or just another shameful, selfish, uncaring nation that began with good intentions, but fell into disrepute and historical infamy.
Yes, we shall see.
Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
Ten Steps to Prosperity:
1. Eliminate FICA (Click here)
2. Federally funded Medicare — parts A, B & D plus long term nursing care — for everyone (Click here)
3. Provide an Economic Bonus to every man, woman and child in America, and/or every state a per capita Economic Bonus. (Click here) Or institute a reverse income tax.
4. Free education (including post-grad) for everyone. Click here
5. Salary for attending school (Click here)
6. Eliminate corporate taxes (Click here)
7. Increase the standard income tax deduction annually Click here
8. Tax the very rich (.1%) more, with higher, progressive tax rates on all forms of income. (Click here)
9. Federal ownership of all banks (Click here and here)
10. Increase federal spending on the myriad initiatives that benefit America’s 99% (Click here)
The Ten Steps will add dollars to the economy, stimulate the economy, and narrow the income/wealth/power Gap between the rich and the rest.
10 Steps to Economic Misery: (Click here:)
1. Maintain or increase the FICA tax..
2. Spread the myth Social Security, Medicare and the U.S. government are insolvent.
3. Cut federal employment in the military, post office, other federal agencies.
4. Broaden the income tax base so more lower income people will pay.
5. Cut financial assistance to the states.
6. Spread the myth federal taxes pay for federal spending.
7. Allow banks to trade for their own accounts; save them when their investments go sour.
8. Never prosecute any banker for criminal activity.
9. Nominate arch conservatives to the Supreme Court.
10. Reduce the federal deficit and debt
No nation can tax itself into prosperity, nor grow without money growth. Monetary Sovereignty: Cutting federal deficits to grow the economy is like applying leeches to cure anemia.
1. A growing economy requires a growing supply of dollars (GDP=Federal Spending + Non-federal Spending + Net Exports)
2. All deficit spending grows the supply of dollars
3. The limit to federal deficit spending is an inflation that cannot be cured with interest rate control.
4. The limit to non-federal deficit spending is the ability to borrow.
THE RECESSION CLOCK
Recessions come only after the blue line drops below zero.
Vertical gray bars mark recessions.
As the federal deficit growth lines drop, we approach recession, which will be cured only when the growth lines rise. Increasing federal deficit growth (aka “stimulus”) is necessary for long-term economic growth.