Twitter: @rodgermitchell; Search #monetarysovereignty
Facebook: Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
●The more federal budgets are cut and taxes increased, the weaker an economy becomes.
●Austerity is the government’s method for widening the gap between rich and poor, which ultimately leads to civil disorder.
●Until the 99% understand the need for federal deficits, the upper 1% will rule.
●To survive long term, a monetarily non-sovereign government must have a positive balance of payments.
●Those, who do not understand the differences between Monetary Sovereignty and monetary non-sovereignty, do not understand economics.
●The penalty for ignorance is slavery.
●Everything in economics devolves to motive, and the motive is the gap.
The “religious” right never stops warring against something or someone: Drugs, gays, women, blacks, browns, the poor, the sick, the homeless, the unemployed — these compassionate folks love fighting wars, especially against underdogs.
Currently, the war is against undocumented children.
House Republicans will call Wednesday for decisive action to end the border crisis, proposing a deployment of National Guard troops and accelerated deportation hearings for unaccompanied children inundating the U.S., said a Capitol Hill aide familiar with the plan.
Last I heard, there were about 50,000 undocumented children entering our nation of more than 300,000,000 — an average of 1,000 children per state. That’s an “inundation” of less than .00002 (two hundreths of one percent) of our population.
Looked at another way, last year 4 million children were born in the U.S. The undocumented children would add about 1 percent to that total.
Is our Monetarily Sovereign nation, with our huge population and our unlimited ability to pay any bill of any size — at no cost to anyone — unable to care for these children?
Several of the recommendations focus on expediting the immigration hearing process for the unaccompanied alien children. Otherwise, most of them could stay in the U.S. for months or years before facing immigration judges
Oh, horrors! The children might stay here for months or years! They might even grow up here!! They might even become (ugh) neighbors.
So, indeed, send in the National Guard to prevent this dangerous situation, because . . . uh, well, . . . they’re mostly brown, aren’t they?
Republicans close to the task force said they were bracing for criticism from Democrats and immigration rights advocates who would accuse them of “militarizing” the border.
It’s like this. We don’t want to militarize the border. We just want to send in the National Guard to arrest children. See the difference?
Conservatives . . . have demanded that the administration seal the border before addressing other immigration issues.
The Obama administration is looking for facilities to shelter the children, while officials attempt to reunite them with relatives in the United States.
“Republicans have made clear that we support efforts to take care of these children, return them safely to families in their home countries and secure the border,” Mr. Boehner said.
Now fortress America must seal our border, a geographic and military impossibility and a national disgrace. Our right-wing President already has set records for deportations. What more do they want?
Future generations will remember with shame, that a paranoid political party wanted our population of 3 hundred million to crouch fearfully behind a giant, impenetrable wall (with guard towers and a “death strip,” perhaps?), lest we be “inundated” with children.
Is this the “home of the brave” described in our national anthem?
Rep. Boehner wants to “take care” of the children by deporting them to the horrors they risked their lives to escape. That’s known as “compassionate conservatism.”
Have these people no souls?
Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
Ten Steps to Prosperity:
1. Eliminate FICA (Click here)
2. Federally funded Medicare — parts A, B & D plus long term nursing care — for everyone (Click here)
3. Provide an Economic Bonus to every man, woman and child in America, and/or every state a per capita Economic Bonus. (Click here) Or institute a reverse income tax.
4. Free education (including post-grad) for everyone. Click here
5. Salary for attending school (Click here)
6. Eliminate corporate taxes (Click here)
7. Increase the standard income tax deduction annually
8. Increase federal spending on the myriad initiatives that benefit America’s 99% (Click here)
9. Federal ownership of all banks (Click here)
10. Tax the very rich (.1%) more, with higher, progressive tax rates on all forms of income. (Click here)
10 Steps to Economic Misery: (Click here:)
1. Maintain or increase the FICA tax..
2. Spread the myth Social Security, Medicare and the U.S. government are insolvent.
3. Cut federal employment in the military, post office, other federal agencies.
4. Broaden the income tax base so more lower income people will pay.
5. Cut financial assistance to the states.
6. Spread the myth federal taxes pay for federal spending.
7. Allow banks to trade for their own accounts; save them when their investments go sour.
8. Never prosecute any banker for criminal activity.
9. Nominate arch conservatives to the Supreme Court.
10. Reduce the federal deficit and debt
No nation can tax itself into prosperity, nor grow without money growth. Monetary Sovereignty: Cutting federal deficits to grow the economy is like applying leeches to cure anemia.
Two key equations in economics:
1. Federal Deficits – Net Imports = Net Private Savings
2. Gross Domestic Product = Federal Spending + Private Investment and Consumption – Net Imports
THE RECESSION CLOCK
Vertical gray bars mark recessions.
As the federal deficit growth lines drop, we approach recession, which will be cured only when the growth lines rise. Increasing federal deficit growth (aka “stimulus”) is necessary for long-term economic growth.