Twitter: @rodgermitchell; Search #monetarysovereignty
Facebook: Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
●The more federal budgets are cut and taxes increased, the weaker an economy becomes.
●Austerity is the government’s method for widening the gap between rich and poor, which ultimately leads to civil disorder.
●Until the 99% understand the need for federal deficits, the upper 1% will rule.
●To survive long term, a monetarily non-sovereign government must have a positive balance of payments.
●Those, who do not understand the differences between Monetary Sovereignty and monetary non-sovereignty, do not understand economics.
●The penalty for ignorance is slavery.
●Everything in economics devolves to motive.
Extreme, right-wing nuttiness continues unabated:
Conservative groups plan to target Republican lawmakers over Obamacare in their own districts
Chris Moody, Yahoo! News– 8/23/13
A conservative advocacy group that recently launched a series of online political ads that call Republicans “chickens” for what the group considers lackluster efforts to defund the Affordable Care Act are planning to hold events near lawmakers’ district offices in the next week.
Activists from an organization called For America Inc. plan to join Tea Party Patriots on a five-state “Exempt America Tour” urging GOP lawmakers to refuse to support any government-spending bill unless it defunds the health care law known as Obamacare.
I remember using the epithet “chicken” back in the 6th grade. What kind of people still use that term?
Anyway, the For America, Inc. group apparently feels it’s macho brave to shut down the U.S. government — or else. It’s something like what an infant does when he lies on his back, kicks his feet, and screams, until he gets his way.
Never mind the hardships falling on the people who rely on federal spending (virtually all of us), and never mind the economic recovery that will disappear without federal spending. The important thing is to destroy all things Obama. That is the right-wing, common sense way to run a government.
And, I almost hate to mention this, but what is the right-wing plan for health care insurance? Oh, there is none? Just, do without?
Wait, here is the For America, Inc. “plan”:
ForAmerica’s mission is to reinvigorate the American people with the principles of American exceptionalism: personal freedom, personal responsibility, a commitment to Judeo-Christian values, and a strong national defense.
We believe in limited government with Constitutionally-enumerated powers only. We believe that the size of the federal government should be dramatically reduced and that government’s regulatory stranglehold on the free enterprise system should be lifted. We believe in freedom.
Translation: “We want less government spending on Social Security, health care, education, roads and bridges, medical research, bank deposit insurance, bank regulation, stock market regulation, food safety regulation, drug safety regulation, air and water quality regulation, aid to the poor — really everything you can think of, except the military.
“We are self-sufficient dudes. So long as we have our semi-automatic guns, we want less government help for our fellow Americans, and more spending on a strong army. Hasn’t that always worked, everywhere in the world?
“And once we get rid of Obamacare, we’ll just let you fend for yourself. You’ll be free — free to be poor, free to be sick and uneducated, free to eat tainted food, take tainted medicine, drink tainted water and breathe polluted air, free to drive on unpaved roads over crumbling bridges, free to take orders from the rich, while you live in a cardboard box under a bridge.
“You’ll have religious freedom, too, so long as it’s Judeo-Christian, not Baha’i, Buddhism, Confucianism, Hinduism, Islam, Shinto, Sikhism or any of those other religions we don’t like (and frankly, we aren’t all that sure about Jews and Mormons).
“Strong army; weak economy. Our model is North Korea. That Kim Jong-il, he knows how to run a country.
“And that’s exactly how we’ll do it.”
So here we are in America, caught between the Democrats’ right-wing incompetence and the Republicans’ extreme right-wing nuttiness. Once Obamacare is gone, then what?
Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
Nine Steps to Prosperity:
1. Eliminate FICA (Click here)
2. Medicare — parts A, B & D plus long term nursing care — for everyone (Click here)
3. Send every American citizen an annual check for $5,000 or give every state $5,000 per capita (Click here)
4. Free education (including post-grad) for everyone. Click here
5. Salary for attending school (Click here)
6. Eliminate corporate taxes (Click here)
7. Increase the standard income tax deduction annually
8. Increase federal spending on the myriad initiatives that benefit America’s 99% (Click here)
9. Federal ownership of all banks (Click here)
10 Steps to Economic Misery: (Click here:)
1. Maintain or increase the FICA tax..
2. Spread the myth Social Security, Medicare and the U.S. government are insolvent.
3. Cut federal employment in the military, post office, other federal agencies.
4. Broaden the income tax base so more lower income people will pay.
5. Cut financial assistance to the states.
6. Spread the myth federal taxes pay for federal spending.
7. Allow banks to trade for their own accounts; save them when their investments go sour.
8. Never prosecute any banker for criminal activity.
9. Nominate arch conservatives to the Supreme Court.
10. Reduce the federal deficit and debt
No nation can tax itself into prosperity, nor grow without money growth. Monetary Sovereignty: Cutting federal deficits to grow the economy is like applying leeches to cure anemia.
Two key equations in economics:
1. Federal Deficits – Net Imports = Net Private Savings
2. Gross Domestic Product = Federal Spending + Private Investment and Consumption – Net Imports
THE RECESSION CLOCK
As the lines drop, we approach recession, which will be cured only when the lines rise.