●The more federal budgets are cut and taxes increased, the weaker an economy becomes.
●Austerity is the government’s method for widening the gap between rich and poor, which leads to civil disorder.
●Until the 99% understand the need for federal deficits, the upper 1% will rule.
●To survive long term, a monetarily non-sovereign government must have a positive balance of payments.
●Those, who do not understand the differences between Monetary Sovereignty and monetary non-sovereignty, do not understand economics.
●The penalty for ignorance is slavery.
●Everything in economics devolves to motive.
I thought I’d drop in on the Tea Party web site to see if they still exist. Not having heard any of their silly proposals lately, I was concerned for their survival.
If fear is necessary for bravery, sadness necessary for happiness, poverty necessary for affluence and losing necessary for winning, then stupidity is necessary for intelligence, which means the Tea Party is necessary for America.
And yes, they still are there, still stupid, and to prove it, still announcing their “15 Non-negotiable Core Beliefs” (with my comments appended):
1. Illegal aliens are here illegally. (It’s a tautology, but what does it mean? Shoot them? Arrest them? Deport them? Deny them and their children food, housing and medical care? Or is this just an open invitation to do to these people, anything we wish, so long as it’s really cruel?)
2. Pro-domestic employment is indispensable. (We are against unemployment and importing.)
3. A strong military is essential. (Except when it has to be cut because of budget cuts, in which case it isn’t essential.)
4. Special interests must be eliminated. (Except when the special interest is gun ownership or anti-immigration.)
5. Gun ownership is sacred. (The Bible is sacred. The Koran is sacred. Guns are sacred. They all are sacred.)
6. Government must be downsized. (Because government provides benefits to the poor and middle classes, which narrows the gap vs.the rich.)
7. The national budget must be balanced. (Combine this with the tax reductions of #10 and #11, and government spending will begin to disappear. Social Security, Medicare, poverty aid, food and drug inspections, interstate highways, the military, disaster assistance, the FBI, the CIA, the Supreme Court, Congress, the President, the courts, education, science and research & development are for wimps. We are self-sufficient macho men. Anarchy is nice.)
8. Deficit spending must end. (What? You say this is identical with #7? Gee, our bad. Anyway, we sort of ran out of ideas, and we needed fifteen “core beliefs.”)
9. Bailout and stimulus plans are illegal. (We have no idea what a “stimulus plan” is. But, we want the recession to go on, forever. It’s good for the rich.)
10. Reducing personal income taxes is a must. (Hey, see, we have a good idea!)
11. Reducing business income taxes is mandatory. (Hey, another good idea. But, what is the difference between “a must” and “mandatory”? Just askin’.)
12. Political offices must be available to average citizens. (We don’t know what “available” and “average” mean in this context, but it sounds so patriotic, we couldn’t resist.)
13. Intrusive government must be stopped. (Yes, we know every law is “intrusive” to a law breaker, but what we really mean is “intrusive in our sole opinion” — like forcing people to stop shooting each other. Way too intrusive.)
14. English as our core language is required. (Except for grandma — my grandma, that is. Your grandma better learn real fast, or else! Of course, no one can learn English, because we won’t allow our schools to teach English. Gotcha!)
15. Traditional family values are encouraged. (My traditions, that is. I really don’t give a damn about your traditions.)
With Jerry Lewis long retired, and Jay Leno about to go off the air, I was afraid we would be left with only Michele (“Be submissive wives”) Bachmann and John (“The government is broke”) Boehner for our daily helping of nuttiness.
Thankfully, the Tea Party and Justice Scalia remain with us.
Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
Nine Steps to Prosperity:
1. Eliminate FICA (Click here)
2. Medicare — parts A, B & D — for everyone
3. Send every American citizen an annual check for $5,000 or give every state $5,000 per capita (Click here)
4. Long-term nursing care for everyone
5. Free education (including post-grad) for everyone
6. Salary for attending school (Click here)
7. Eliminate corporate taxes
8. Increase the standard income tax deduction annually
9. Increase federal spending on the myriad initiatives that benefit America’s 99%
No nation can tax itself into prosperity, nor grow without money growth. Monetary Sovereignty: Cutting federal deficits to grow the economy is like applying leeches to cure anemia. Two key equations in economics:
Federal Deficits – Net Imports = Net Private Savings
Gross Domestic Product = Federal Spending + Private Investment and Consumption – Net Imports