Twitter: @rodgermitchell; Search #monetarysovereignty
Facebook: Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
●The more federal budgets are cut and taxes increased, the weaker an economy becomes.
●Austerity is the government’s method for widening the gap between rich and poor, which ultimately leads to civil disorder.
●Until the 99% understand the need for federal deficits, the upper 1% will rule.
●To survive long term, a monetarily non-sovereign government must have a positive balance of payments.
●Those, who do not understand the differences between Monetary Sovereignty and monetary non-sovereignty, do not understand economics.
●The penalty for ignorance is slavery.
●Everything in economics devolves to motive, and the motive is the gap.
Please click the links to read two articles on immigration: I couldn’t have said it better, except for two things
A country that claims to value religious principles is beyond redemption if it cannot offer its safety to innocent children.
We can’t have it both ways. We are either a nation that lives by its religious principles and takes care of the least of these, or we are hypocrites publicly crying “lord, lord” as we turn and look the other away.
The author provides the moral reasons for accepting children. Clearly, the right wing, that claims so much religiosity, acts in the most immoral fashion.
The claim that there is no room in our life raft, or that even providing a life raft, encourages more refugees, is so repugnant, so hypocritical, and so wrong, it is difficult to understand how any person can harbor these beliefs and claim to be religious.
Attending church doesn’t put you in good with God. It’s what you do to your fellow man (or child) that counts.
Shame, shame on our religious leaders for not speaking out. What the hell is the good of religion, if it teaches “Screw you, I’ve got mine”?
And if you need further evidence, please read:
Gangs move from house to house demanding “rent” or a “war tax,” or the property itself. Night after night, families flee in terror to other parts of Honduras, to Mexico, to the United States, many of them part of the wave of child and family migrants overwhelming American detention centers in the Southwest.
Many young people have left, but many more have stayed, living locked in their homes and harboring dreams of escape.
Yes, the situation is horrifying. Children brave dangers coming to America, not because they are tempted by an “easy” life, but simply to live, to survive, to grow to be adults.
Aside from the moral issues, there are two other issues the authors don’t address:
1. Helping these children doesn’t cost us anything. Our taxes do not pay for federal spending. Our government is Monetarily Sovereign. It creates dollars ad hoc, by spending dollars. So whether caring for refugee children costs a billion dollars or a trillion dollars, our federal government can afford it, and no taxes needed.
There are plenty of dollars to care for refugee children, while caring for our own citizens, too. It’s not either/or.
2. These children will grow up to be contributors to the American economy. They will work, produce, create and pay local taxes. Children are our greatest asset. They are our future, and always have been. When we deny admittance to children, we deny America’s past and America’s destiny.
In summary, admitting children is moral, free and productive. Building the wall higher makes no moral or logical sense. It’s an exercise in meanness and stupidity.
Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
Ten Steps to Prosperity:
1. Eliminate FICA (Click here)
2. Federally funded Medicare — parts A, B & D plus long term nursing care — for everyone (Click here)
3. Provide an Economic Bonus to every man, woman and child in America, and/or every state a per capita Economic Bonus. (Click here) Or institute a reverse income tax.
4. Free education (including post-grad) for everyone. Click here
5. Salary for attending school (Click here)
6. Eliminate corporate taxes (Click here)
7. Increase the standard income tax deduction annually
8. Tax the very rich (.1%) more, with higher, progressive tax rates on all forms of income. (Click here)
9. Federal ownership of all banks (Click here)
10. Increase federal spending on the myriad initiatives that benefit America’s 99% (Click here)
10 Steps to Economic Misery: (Click here:)
1. Maintain or increase the FICA tax..
2. Spread the myth Social Security, Medicare and the U.S. government are insolvent.
3. Cut federal employment in the military, post office, other federal agencies.
4. Broaden the income tax base so more lower income people will pay.
5. Cut financial assistance to the states.
6. Spread the myth federal taxes pay for federal spending.
7. Allow banks to trade for their own accounts; save them when their investments go sour.
8. Never prosecute any banker for criminal activity.
9. Nominate arch conservatives to the Supreme Court.
10. Reduce the federal deficit and debt
No nation can tax itself into prosperity, nor grow without money growth. Monetary Sovereignty: Cutting federal deficits to grow the economy is like applying leeches to cure anemia.
Two key equations in economics:
1. Federal Deficits – Net Imports = Net Private Savings
2. Gross Domestic Product = Federal Spending + Private Investment and Consumption – Net Imports
THE RECESSION CLOCK
Vertical gray bars mark recessions.
As the federal deficit growth lines drop, we approach recession, which will be cured only when the growth lines rise. Increasing federal deficit growth (aka “stimulus”) is necessary for long-term economic growth.