Twitter: @rodgermitchell; Search #monetarysovereignty
Facebook: Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
●Those, who do not understand the differences between Monetary Sovereignty and monetary non-sovereignty, do not understand economics.
●The more federal budgets are cut and taxes increased, the weaker an economy becomes. .
●Liberals think the purpose of government is to protect the poor and powerless from the rich and powerful. Conservatives think the purpose of government is to protect the rich and powerful from the poor and powerless.
●Austerity is the government’s method for widening the gap between rich and poor.
●Until the 99% understand the need for federal deficits, the upper 1% will rule.
●To survive long term, a monetarily non-sovereign government must have a positive balance of payments.
●Everything in economics devolves to motive, and the motive is the Gap.
Energy control, beginning with the use of fire, has been the key component of mankind’s ascension and rule over the earth. Today, the economies of the world are very much influenced by the availability, costs and various side effects of different energy sources.
Newer methods of extracting oil have delayed “peak oil” (the point of maximum extraction) and oil depletion (the period of falling supplies).
But, clearly there is a limit to the number of fossils we can burn. And we needn’t belabor the damage from climate change and pollution fossil fuels cause.
Alternative sources of energy have not seemed to be sufficient to step into the breach. Current and anticipated science indicates that of all alternative sources, solar energy is the least polluting and the most available.
Solar energy also is quiet, can be installed in populated neighborhoods or in remote areas, and is quiet economical — almost free — once solar panels have been paid for.
Beyond large initial costs and the inefficient energy conversion of solar panels, there are huge problems with solar energy, particularly availability at night, on clouded days and for areas far from the equator, where it may be most needed.
In a world of Monetary Sovereignty realization, where money is understood not to be a limiting factor, neither would cost be a limiting factor. Given infinite financing, every rooftop, indeed every surface on earth could be paved with solar cells hooked up to giant batteries for night and cloudy energy availability.
But in addition to aesthetic concerns, the manufacture and installation of that number of solar panels, in of itself, would burn huge amounts of polluting energy.
Wind, water, nuclear and geo-thermal sources all have serious limitations that current and even projected science has not solved.
Without a breakthrough in non-polluting energy production and transmission, the future seems to hold an ever-decreasing lifestyle for humanity, with the ultimate being a return to “cave-man” existence.
But “breakthrough” often occurs unexpectedly (as witness the Internet and the smart phone):
–Microwaves delivered 1.8 kw of power – enough to run an electric kettle
–Power was sent through the air with to a receiver 170ft (55 metres) away
–Technology may someday help tap vast solar energy available in space
–Jaxa’s plan is to eventually have sunlight-gathering panels and antennae set up about 22,300 miles from the Earth
Japanese scientists have successfully transmitted energy wirelessly in a breakthrough that could pave the way for space-based solar power systems.
Mitsubishi researchers used microwaves to deliver 1.8 kilowatts of power – enough to run an electric kettle – through the air with pinpoint accuracy to a receiver 170ft (55 metres) away.
While the distance was relatively small, the technology could someday pave the way for mankind to tap the vast amount of solar energy available in space and use it here on Earth.
‘This was the first time anyone has managed to send a high output of nearly two kilowatts of electric power via microwaves to a small target, using a delicate directivity control device,’ said a spokesman for the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (Jaxa).
Human use of microwaves is not new. You may have used microwaves this morning if you “nuked” your bialy.
Even focusing microwaves is not new (See: Maser: microwave amplification by stimulated emission of radiation).
Susumu Sasaki, a professor emeritus at Jaxa, outlined the agency’s plans create a 1.8 mile long (3 km) man-made island in the harbour of Tokyo Bay.
The island would be studded with 5 billion antennas working together to convert microwave energy into electricity.
The microwaves would be beamed down from a number of giant solar collectors in orbit 22,400 miles (36,000 km) above the Earth.
Masers don’t focus as well as lasers, and the inevitable spread of microwaves costs energy as distances increase.
The “breakthrough” would be in the focus.
So one question becomes: Will the Japanese method, which focused a maser beam 170 feet, be able to focus a beam 22,400 miles, then capture it, without cooking every resident of Tokyo?
In a separate project, Shimizu Corporation revealed plans to cover the moon in a huge ring of solar panels around the moon’s equator.
Energy captured by these panels would then be sent to Earth using microwaves, and laser lights could be beamed directly to countries where it is needed.
According to the plans, the project would produce around 13,000 terrawatts of continuous solar energy. At present, the world’s population consumes (only) about 15 terawatts of power each year.
There is the difficulty in lifting many tons of solar panels into space, landing them on the moon and assembling them into a usable device, but like the Mitsubishi project, the real problem is the focused transmission of energy over long distances.
If Mitsubishi’s 170 feet can be escalated to many thousands of miles, mankind will have taken that giant leap Neil Armstrong mentioned.
It will mark the first phase of our access to infinite power — the first phase of our capturing ever increasing amounts of solar energy, ala a Dyson sphere.
THE DYSON RING
Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
The Ten Steps to Prosperity:
1. Eliminate FICA (Click here)
2. Federally funded Medicare — parts A, B & D plus long term nursing care — for everyone (Click here)
3. Provide an Economic Bonus to every man, woman and child in America, and/or every state a per capita Economic Bonus. (Click here) Or institute a reverse income tax.
4. Federally funded, free education (including post-grad) for everyone. Click here
5. Salary for attending school (Click here)
6. Eliminate corporate taxes (Click here)
7. Increase the standard income tax deduction annually. (Refer to this.)
8. Tax the very rich (.1%) more, with higher, progressive tax rates on all forms of income. (Click here)
9. Federal ownership of all banks (Click here and here)
10. Increase federal spending on the myriad initiatives that benefit America’s 99% (Click here)
Initiating The Ten Steps sequentially will add dollars to the economy, stimulate the economy, and narrow the income/wealth/power Gap between the rich and the rest.
10 Steps to Economic Misery: (Click here:)
1. Maintain or increase the FICA tax..
2. Spread the myth Social Security, Medicare and the U.S. government are insolvent.
3. Cut federal employment in the military, post office, other federal agencies.
4. Broaden the income tax base so more lower income people will pay.
5. Cut financial assistance to the states.
6. Spread the myth federal taxes pay for federal spending.
7. Allow banks to trade for their own accounts; save them when their investments go sour.
8. Never prosecute any banker for criminal activity.
9. Nominate arch conservatives to the Supreme Court.
10. Reduce the federal deficit and debt
No nation can tax itself into prosperity, nor grow without money growth. Monetary Sovereignty: Cutting federal deficits to grow the economy is like applying leeches to cure anemia.
1. A growing economy requires a growing supply of dollars (GDP=Federal Spending + Non-federal Spending + Net Exports)
2. All deficit spending grows the supply of dollars
3. The limit to federal deficit spending is an inflation that cannot be cured with interest rate control.
4. The limit to non-federal deficit spending is the ability to borrow.
THE RECESSION CLOCK
Vertical gray bars mark recessions.
As the federal deficit growth lines drop, we approach recession, which will be cured only when the growth lines rise. Increasing federal deficit growth (aka “stimulus”) is necessary for long-term economic growth.