●Those, who do not understand the differences between Monetary Sovereignty and monetary non-sovereignty, do not understand economics.
●The more federal budgets are cut and taxes increased, the weaker an economy becomes. .
●Liberals think the purpose of government is to protect the poor and powerless from the rich and powerful. Conservatives think the purpose of government is to protect the rich and powerful from the poor and powerless.
●Austerity is the government’s method for widening the gap between rich and poor.
●Until the 99% understand the need for federal deficits, the upper 1% will rule.
●To survive long term, a monetarily non-sovereign government must have a positive balance of payments.
●Everything in economics devolves to motive, and the motive is the Gap.
In just one sentence, Jimmy Carter articulated the real problem in Gaza. He just didn’t realize it.
JERUSALEM (AP) — Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter said Saturday that eight months after a bloody war in the Gaza Strip the situation there remains “intolerable.”
Carter and his delegation were supposed to visit the isolated territory but earlier this week called it off citing unspecified security concerns.
Speaking to reporters in Jerusalem, Carter said he was still determined to work for a Palestinian state in the West Bank and Gaza.
Those “unspecified security concerns” meant Carter felt he wasn’t safe in the very land he says should be an independent state.
This is the land that vows to destroy Israel, but at the same time, Carter wants Israel to grant it more land for rocket launches.
And here is the definitive Jimmy Carter statement about Gaza and Palestine:
“What we have seen and heard only strengthens our determination to work for peace,” he said. “The situation in Gaza is intolerable.
“Eight months after a devastating war, not one destroyed house has been rebuilt and people cannot live with the respect and dignity they deserve.”
Think about it. In eight months, Hamas has not rebuilt one house. Meanwhile, its work has been going forward furiously to build bigger, stronger, longer attack tunnels.
That is where all that concrete, Israel allow to enter, has gone — concrete Hamas said it would use for house-building, has been diverted for terrorist tunnels.
Is is any wonder the people of Gaza cannot live with respect and dignity? They live under a cruel and aggressive terrorist regime that cares nothing for peace, and cares nothing for the people of Gaza. In fact it uses its own civilians as human shields, when it fires its rockets.
Carter and the political innocents worldwide may wish for a “two-state solution.” They complain Israel does not allow it.
But this is not what Hamas wants. For Hamas, the sole goal is the destruction of Israel, regardless of the pain that effort causes its own people.
Not peace. Not the adorable “two-state solution,” so beloved in the imaginations of the naive left and on college campuses.
No, Hamas wants only the power that comes with telling its people that somehow, their salvation lies with the destruction of Israel, and the death of all Jews.
“Not one destroyed house has been rebuilt.”
Jimmy Carter, the perennial apologist for terrorism and critic of Israel, could not have explained it better.
Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
The Ten Steps to Prosperity:
1. Eliminate FICA (Click here)
2. Federally funded Medicare — parts A, B & D plus long term nursing care — for everyone (Click here)
3. Provide an Economic Bonus to every man, woman and child in America, and/or every state a per capita Economic Bonus. (Click here) Or institute a reverse income tax.
4. Federally funded, free education (including post-grad) for everyone. Click here
5. Salary for attending school (Click here)
6. Eliminate corporate taxes (Click here)
7. Increase the standard income tax deduction annually. (Refer to this.)
8. Tax the very rich (.1%) more, with higher, progressive tax rates on all forms of income. (Click here)
9. Federal ownership of all banks (Click here and here)
10. Increase federal spending on the myriad initiatives that benefit America’s 99% (Click here)
Initiating The Ten Steps sequentially will add dollars to the economy, stimulate the economy, and narrow the income/wealth/power Gap between the rich and the rest.
10 Steps to Economic Misery: (Click here:)
1. Maintain or increase the FICA tax..
2. Spread the myth Social Security, Medicare and the U.S. government are insolvent.
3. Cut federal employment in the military, post office, other federal agencies.
4. Broaden the income tax base so more lower income people will pay.
5. Cut financial assistance to the states.
6. Spread the myth federal taxes pay for federal spending.
7. Allow banks to trade for their own accounts; save them when their investments go sour.
8. Never prosecute any banker for criminal activity.
9. Nominate arch conservatives to the Supreme Court.
10. Reduce the federal deficit and debt
No nation can tax itself into prosperity, nor grow without money growth. Monetary Sovereignty: Cutting federal deficits to grow the economy is like applying leeches to cure anemia.
1. A growing economy requires a growing supply of dollars (GDP=Federal Spending + Non-federal Spending + Net Exports)
2. All deficit spending grows the supply of dollars
3. The limit to federal deficit spending is an inflation that cannot be cured with interest rate control.
4. The limit to non-federal deficit spending is the ability to borrow.
THE RECESSION CLOCK
Vertical gray bars mark recessions.
As the federal deficit growth lines drop, we approach recession, which will be cured only when the growth lines rise. Increasing federal deficit growth (aka “stimulus”) is necessary for long-term economic growth.