Twitter: @rodgermitchell; Search #monetarysovereignty
Facebook: Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
●Those, who do not understand the differences between Monetary Sovereignty and monetary non-sovereignty, do not understand economics.
●The more federal budgets are cut and taxes increased, the weaker an economy becomes. .
●Liberals think the purpose of government is to protect the poor and powerless from the rich and powerful. Conservatives think the purpose of government is to protect the rich and powerful from the poor and powerless.
●Austerity is the government’s method for widening the gap between rich and poor.
●Until the 99% understand the need for federal deficits, the upper 1% will rule.
●To survive long term, a monetarily non-sovereign government must have a positive balance of payments.
●Everything in economics devolves to motive, and the motive is the Gap.
Here is a simple IQ test you can take in just one minute. First, a bit of background:
Rush Limbaugh blames measles outbreak on immigrant children
By Jon Greenberg on Thursday, February 5th, 2015
The children coming across the southern U.S. border “were never examined after they got here and quarantined if they had a disease. They were just sent out across the country. Many of them had measles … We now have an outbreak of it all because of our immigration policy.”
— Rush Limbaugh on Tuesday, February 3rd, 2015 in a broadcast of the “Rush Limbaugh Show”
Other conservative voices have linked measles to illegal immigrants. The conservative website The Blaze wrote about Rep. Mo Brooks, R-Ala., who said the disease was brought into the country by “illegal aliens.”
The common thread in these statements is the idea that these children were never examined, that they had measles, and Washington took no precautions before allowing them to stay.
None of that holds up, however. (And)Limbaugh provided no evidence, probably, because no evidence exists. The children who came in from Central America were examined and vaccinated as part of a standard routine.
The protocol was to provide “vaccinations to all children who do not have documentation of previous valid doses of vaccine.”
Limbaugh also claimed that these children were never quarantined if they had a disease. The reverse is true.
Children receive additional, more thorough medical screening and vaccinations at ORR shelter facilities. If children are found to have certain communicable diseases, they are separated from other children and treated as needed.
Further undermining Limbaugh’s case (we reached out to his show and did not hear back) are the vaccination rates for the key countries involved in the influx of unaccompanied minors — El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Mexico.
The latest data from the World Health Organization runs through 2013. As this table shows, over the past four years, the vaccination rates among those countries are on par or exceed the rate in the United States.
Country: Measles, mumps, rubella vaccination rate: 4-year average
El Salvador: 92 percent
Guatemala: 90 percent
Honduras: 94 percent
Mexico: 95 percent
United States: 92 percent
As a final point, the information on the measles cases this year reported to health departments fails to suggest a link to immigrant children. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said that most of the 102 cases stem from exposures at Disneyland in California.
Past measles outbreaks have not been linked to Central America. Last year, Ohio saw 382 measles cases. According to state health officials, that began when unvaccinated travelers came back from the Philippines and spread the disease within the local Amish community.
The CDC said nearly 80 percent of the cases that year were among people who chose not to be vaccinated due to their religious beliefs.
And now for your three question IQ test: “Yes” or “No”:
1. Do you regularly listen to Rush Limbaugh and believe much of what he says?
2. Do you get your information from Donald Trump, Sean Hannity or other right wing “news” sources?
3. Do you refuse to vaccinate your children?
One “Yes” answer: Dumb
Two “Yes” answers: Dumber
Three “Yes” answers: Hopeless. You need a full-time keeper and should be kept sedated for your own safety.
Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
The Ten Steps to Prosperity:
1. Eliminate FICA (Click here)
2. Federally funded Medicare — parts A, B & D plus long term nursing care — for everyone (Click here)
3. Provide an Economic Bonus to every man, woman and child in America, and/or every state a per capita Economic Bonus. (Click here) Or institute a reverse income tax.
4. Federally funded, free education (including post-grad) for everyone. Click here
5. Salary for attending school (Click here)
6. Eliminate corporate taxes (Click here)
7. Increase the standard income tax deduction annually. (Refer to this.)
8. Tax the very rich (.1%) more, with higher, progressive tax rates on all forms of income. (Click here)
9. Federal ownership of all banks (Click here and here)
10. Increase federal spending on the myriad initiatives that benefit America’s 99% (Click here)
Initiating The Ten Steps sequentially will add dollars to the economy, stimulate the economy, and narrow the income/wealth/power Gap between the rich and the rest.
10 Steps to Economic Misery: (Click here:)
1. Maintain or increase the FICA tax..
2. Spread the myth Social Security, Medicare and the U.S. government are insolvent.
3. Cut federal employment in the military, post office, other federal agencies.
4. Broaden the income tax base so more lower income people will pay.
5. Cut financial assistance to the states.
6. Spread the myth federal taxes pay for federal spending.
7. Allow banks to trade for their own accounts; save them when their investments go sour.
8. Never prosecute any banker for criminal activity.
9. Nominate arch conservatives to the Supreme Court.
10. Reduce the federal deficit and debt
No nation can tax itself into prosperity, nor grow without money growth. Monetary Sovereignty: Cutting federal deficits to grow the economy is like applying leeches to cure anemia.
1. A growing economy requires a growing supply of dollars (GDP=Federal Spending + Non-federal Spending + Net Exports)
2. All deficit spending grows the supply of dollars
3. The limit to federal deficit spending is an inflation that cannot be cured with interest rate control.
4. The limit to non-federal deficit spending is the ability to borrow.
THE RECESSION CLOCK
Vertical gray bars mark recessions.
As the federal deficit growth lines drop, we approach recession, which will be cured only when the growth lines rise. Increasing federal deficit growth (aka “stimulus”) is necessary for long-term economic growth.
10 thoughts on “–Dumb and dumber: Take this three-question, one-minute IQ test.”
Limbaugh has more of what Monetary Sovereignty does not. Resonance. Ignorance resonates if your ignorant; truth does not for the same reason.
It may be that it’s not the Gap that’s killing the 99%, but the inability of MS to resonate. There’s just “something” about money being free (from debt) that won’t allow a connection. Perhaps it’s centuries of slogans that roll off the tongue so conveniently and acceptably: no free lunch… how will you pay for it… survival of the fittest… it’s always been that way…and Ben Franklin’s eternal “debt and taxes.”
Mention the philosophy of MS and you’ll be looked at like you have two heads. It’s not the Gap; it’s the Gap’s reliance upon centuries of old false premises to imprison minds, freeze constructive action and keep people like Limbaugh rolling in dough.
When President Obama said that a household has to live within its means, so the government should too, he was expressing your thought.
“There’s no such thing as a free lunch” expresses it too, as does. “If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.”
Evolution has us relying on the simplest functional solutions, as well as what we learn from others.
All these things make the Big Lie seem reasonable, and play right into the hands of the .1%.
You forgot the GOP favorite “Tax and Spend Liberal”
There are people who actually voted for Darrell Issa:
If that isn’t dumb and dumber enough, how’s this:
Is food created “free”? How about homes? Maybe electricity is produced freely? Or perhaps it’s cars? Coke? Jeans? Or maybe it’s a unicorn pooping candy?
Money is freely created by our Monetarily Sovereign government. Learn Monetary Sovereignty and you will understand.
Is food created “free”?
Actually food is created freely by Nature’s sun, soil, water and DNA. The problem starts when human nature takes over with scarcity based accounting.
What Nature is trying to tell us is 180 degrees different from what economists and politicians are declaring to be true.
Accounting doesn’t make anything, it helps track assets.
As you say, nature gives us sun, fertile soil, water and DNA that doesn’t help us eat, or live in, or wear or drive. There is nothing magical about these, something has to happen for the output items we need to come into existence.
Dollars don’t create things, humans do.
Monto says, “Dollars don’t create things, humans do.”
Pure sophistry. One might as well say, “Dollars don’t buy things, humans do.”
Haiti has plenty of humans, but little money. So they produce very little. Every nation has humans, but those nations with more money are more productive.