Twitter: @rodgermitchell; Search #monetarysovereignty
Facebook: Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
●The more federal budgets are cut and taxes increased, the weaker an economy becomes.
●Austerity is the government’s method for widening the gap between rich and poor, which ultimately leads to civil disorder.
●Until the 99% understand the need for federal deficits, the upper 1% will rule.
●To survive long term, a monetarily non-sovereign government must have a positive balance of payments.
●Those, who do not understand the differences between Monetary Sovereignty and monetary non-sovereignty, do not understand economics.
●The penalty for ignorance is slavery.
●Everything in economics devolves to motive.
Here is yet another example of how the American Deficit Inquisition ruins your life, and you don’t even know it.
Michael Moore: Christian right is keeping U.S. in the ‘dark ages’
By David Ferguson, Saturday, October 26, 2013 10:34 EDT
“Since 1980,” Moore said, “the policies in this country have been driven by the Christian right. They took over and they turned this country into the dark ages and we’re so far behind now with science, education, health care, everything.”
O.K., it’s not quite as bad as this:
Following mounting controversy over theology, astronomy and philosophy, the Roman Inquisition tried Galileo in 1633 and found him “gravely suspect of heresy”, sentencing him to indefinite imprisonment. This was subsequently commuted to house arrest, under which he remained for the rest of his life.
But its plenty bad:
A survey of more than 3,700 U.S. scientists from a range of fields finds that researchers are feeling the pinch.
80% report spending more time writing grant proposals now than in 2010.
67% report receiving less grant money now than in 2010
U.S. federal spending on science has decreased sharply since 2010 in inflation-adjusted dollars (graph below).
We don’t sense the loss of scientific research directly. If, for instance, television or the Internet never had been invented, we wouldn’t miss them. If there had not been the medical improvements that ease our misery and extend our lives, who would know?
Do you know someone gravely ill, or having died, from cancer, ALS, Alzheimer’s, arthritis, heart diseases, stroke, Parkinson’s, dementia, and the myriad other afflictions that plague us?
I suspect that one day, all these diseases will find cures. But, with more funding, perhaps that one day could have been now. We never will know.
And just as the ignorance of the Roman Inquisition ruined and destroyed the lives of millions, so too does the ignorance of the American Deficit Inquisition ruin and destroy our lives, today — and we cannot even imagine the numerous ways.
That is what ignorance does to us.
And so the deficit cutting continues.
Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
Nine Steps to Prosperity:
1. Eliminate FICA (Click here)
2. Medicare — parts A, B & D plus long term nursing care — for everyone (Click here)
3. Send every American citizen an annual check for $5,000 or give every state $5,000 per capita (Click here)
4. Free education (including post-grad) for everyone. Click here
5. Salary for attending school (Click here)
6. Eliminate corporate taxes (Click here)
7. Increase the standard income tax deduction annually
8. Increase federal spending on the myriad initiatives that benefit America’s 99% (Click here)
9. Federal ownership of all banks (Click here)
10 Steps to Economic Misery: (Click here:)
1. Maintain or increase the FICA tax..
2. Spread the myth Social Security, Medicare and the U.S. government are insolvent.
3. Cut federal employment in the military, post office, other federal agencies.
4. Broaden the income tax base so more lower income people will pay.
5. Cut financial assistance to the states.
6. Spread the myth federal taxes pay for federal spending.
7. Allow banks to trade for their own accounts; save them when their investments go sour.
8. Never prosecute any banker for criminal activity.
9. Nominate arch conservatives to the Supreme Court.
10. Reduce the federal deficit and debt
No nation can tax itself into prosperity, nor grow without money growth. Monetary Sovereignty: Cutting federal deficits to grow the economy is like applying leeches to cure anemia.
Two key equations in economics:
1. Federal Deficits – Net Imports = Net Private Savings
2. Gross Domestic Product = Federal Spending + Private Investment and Consumption – Net Imports
THE RECESSION CLOCK
As the federal deficit growth lines drop, we approach recession, which will be cured only when the lines rise.