Twitter: @rodgermitchell; Search #monetarysovereignty
Facebook: Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
This time I agree with the right-wing gun nuts:
A petition has been signed by more than 41,000 people who want the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio, to allow guns to be openly carried during the convention, which runs from July 18 to 21.
Ohio allows for firearm open carry, but certain locations in the state, including the arena, prohibit firearms anywhere on the premises.
The petition, which was launched last week, includes a photo of a military-style assault rifle and calls the arena’s stance on guns “a direct affront to the Second Amendment and puts all attendees at risk.”
The petition is addressed to all three Republican presidential candidates, Trump, Texas Senator Ted Cruz and Ohio Governor John Kasich, and asks them to push the Republican National Committee to allow the open carry of firearms during the convention.
While it remains unclear whether the petition is genuine or actually a satire, it is being taken seriously by many.
A blog and Twitter user named Hyperationalist—whose biography states “speaking truth to stupid”—said on its WordPress page on Thursday that it launched the petition, acknowledging that it has “clearly struck a nerve.”
The Change.org petition says “Cleveland, Ohio is consistently ranked as one of the top ten most dangerous cities in America,” and by prohibiting guns from the arena, “the RNC and Quicken Loans Arena are putting tens of thousands of people at risk both inside and outside the convention site.”
The petition also includes “the possibility of an ISIS terrorist attack on the arena during the convention.”
I’m not sure whether or not this is a black joke, but in any case I’m all for it.
I think all the delegates to the Republican convention should carry not just handguns or even military-style rifles, but 50 calibre machine guns with belt ammo. Obviously that will make the convention less dangerous.
And Trump’s delegates won’t have to “sucker-punch” or beat people who disagree with them; they can resolve differences with finality.
If possible, delegates should have bazookas too, in case ISIS attacks with tanks.
Trump said he wants to “study the fine print” of the petition and said he hasn’t yet read it. He also referred to himself as “a very, very strong person for [the] Second Amendment.”
America, this is your Republican party at work.
While Trump “studies the fine print,” the rest of the crazies won’t need to study. They’ll be all for it.
Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
Ten Steps to Prosperity:
1. Eliminate FICA (Click here)
2. Federally funded Medicare — parts A, B & D plus long term nursing care — for everyone (Click here)
3. Provide an Economic Bonus to every man, woman and child in America, and/or every state a per capita Economic Bonus. (Click here) Or institute a reverse income tax.
4. Free education (including post-grad) for everyone. Click here
5. Salary for attending school (Click here)
6. Eliminate corporate taxes (Click here)
7. Increase the standard income tax deduction annually Click here
8. Tax the very rich (.1%) more, with higher, progressive tax rates on all forms of income. (Click here)
9. Federal ownership of all banks (Click here and here)
10. Increase federal spending on the myriad initiatives that benefit America’s 99% (Click here)
The Ten Steps will grow the economy, and narrow the income/wealth/power Gap between the rich and you.
10 Steps to Economic Misery: (Click here:)
1. Maintain or increase the FICA tax..
2. Spread the myth Social Security, Medicare and the U.S. government are insolvent.
3. Cut federal employment in the military, post office, other federal agencies.
4. Broaden the income tax base so more lower income people will pay.
5. Cut financial assistance to the states.
6. Spread the myth federal taxes pay for federal spending.
7. Allow banks to trade for their own accounts; save them when their investments go sour.
8. Never prosecute any banker for criminal activity.
9. Nominate arch conservatives to the Supreme Court.
10. Reduce the federal deficit and debt
THE RECESSION CLOCK
Recessions begin an average of 2 years after the blue line first dips below zero. A common phenomenon is for the line briefly to dip below zero, then rise above zero, before falling dramatically below zero. There was a brief dip below zero in 2015, followed by another dip – the familiar pre-recession pattern.
Recessions are cured by a rising red line.
Vertical gray bars mark recessions.
As the federal deficit growth lines drop, we approach recession, which will be cured only when the growth lines rise. Increasing federal deficit growth (aka “stimulus”) is necessary for long-term economic growth.
•Those, who do not understand the differences between Monetary Sovereignty and monetary non-sovereignty, do not understand economics.
•Any monetarily NON-sovereign government — be it city, county, state or nation — that runs an ongoing trade deficit, eventually will run out of money.
•The more federal budgets are cut and taxes increased, the weaker an economy becomes..
•No nation can tax itself into prosperity, nor grow without money growth.
•Cutting federal deficits to grow the economy is like applying leeches to cure anemia.
•A growing economy requires a growing supply of money (GDP = Federal Spending + Non-federal Spending + Net Exports)
•Deficit spending grows the supply of money
•The limit to federal deficit spending is an inflation that cannot be cured with interest rate control.
•The limit to non-federal deficit spending is the ability to borrow.
•Liberals think the purpose of government is to protect the poor and powerless from the rich and powerful. Conservatives think the purpose of government is to protect the rich and powerful from the poor and powerless.
•The single most important problem in economics is the Gap between rich and the rest..
•Austerity is the government’s method for widening the Gap between rich and poor.
•Until the 99% understand the need for federal deficits, the upper 1% will rule.
•Everything in economics devolves to motive, and the motive is the Gap between the rich and the rest..