Twitter: @rodgermitchell; Search #monetarysovereignty
Facebook: Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
●The more federal budgets are cut and taxes increased, the weaker an economy becomes.
●Austerity is the government’s method for widening the gap between rich and poor, which ultimately leads to civil disorder.
●Until the 99% understand the need for federal deficits, the upper 1% will rule.
●To survive long term, a monetarily non-sovereign government must have a positive balance of payments.
●Those, who do not understand the differences between Monetary Sovereignty and monetary non-sovereignty, do not understand economics.
●The penalty for ignorance is slavery.
●Everything in economics devolves to motive.
Which state won the America’s Got Stupid contest?, and how was it judged?
How about a state government that refuses to accept free millions or even billions of dollars from the federal government — money that would go directly into the state economy? Which state believes it has no use for an extra billion or two?
Or, how about a state government that intentionally costs hundreds of thousands of its own residents free health care?
O.K., those are really stupid. But how about the residents of those states who repeatedly elect the guys who are costing them the billions of free money and health care? Now THAT is stupid.
So to answer the question, “Which state won the America’s Got Stupid contest?” here is a list from The Washington Post article titled: Study: Refusing Medicaid expansion will cost states billions of dollars
By refusing to expand Medicaid, Texas will forgo $9.2 billion in federal funding in 2022. Florida, another state that has said it won’t expand Medicaid, stands to lose more than $5 billion.
Georgia, Missouri, North Carolina and Virginia will all forgo more than $2 billion in federal funding, while Louisiana, Oklahoma and Wisconsin will miss out on more than $1 billion.
Both Tennessee and Indiana, two states that have yet to formally decide whether to expand the program, face losing more than $2 billion in federal funding if they decide against expansion.
State Net loss of federal funds
North Carolina 2,591,000,000
South Carolina 807,000,000
South Dakota 224,000,000
The above states have three degrees of stupid:
1. Refusing billions they and their citizens need.
2. Denying health care to their own citizens.
3. And the citizens are stupid for electing these guys.
And the winner is . . .
Congratulations, Texas and Governor Rick Perry. Based on the total dollars you will cost your citizens, and the illness you will cause, and the voters who elected you, it looks like you’ve won the “America’s Got Stupid” contest.
But wait. Perhaps those numbers alone don’t tell the story. We may have a new contender.
The Times Picayune
Louisiana sues MoveOn.org over Bobby Jindal billboard
By Lauren McGaughy, 3/15/14
Republican Lt. Gov. Jay Dardenne has been locked in a pitched battle with the group (MoveOn.org) for weeks, unsuccessfully calling for it to take down the billboard that is currently up on the I-10 coming into Baton Rouge from Port Allen.
O.K., Dardenne has positioned this as a “protected service mark” dispute.” But as Keith Werhan, constitutional law professor at Tulane University Law School said, “The government can’t legally silence those who are criticizing them.”
So Louisiana has one additional stupid:
4. Stupid for filing a lawsuit that not only is stupid, but calls attention to their other three stupidities.
So the question remains, does Texas’s losing $9.2 billion and its other 2 other stupidities, outweigh Louisiana’s losing $1.6 billion and its 3 other stupidities?
Hmmm . . .
(Full disclosure: I come from Illinois, where we routinely elect crooked politicians who then are sent to jail. Stupid us — but we are taking the federal government’s money).
So which state takes home this prize?
Ah, maybe I’ll just keep it for myself.
Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
Nine Steps to Prosperity:
1. Eliminate FICA (Click here)
2. Federally funded Medicare — parts A, B & D plus long term nursing care — for everyone (Click here)
3. Provide an Economic Bonus to every man, woman and child in America, and/or every state a per capita Economic Bonus. (Click here) Or institute a reverse income tax.
4. Free education (including post-grad) for everyone. Click here
5. Salary for attending school (Click here)
6. Eliminate corporate taxes (Click here)
7. Increase the standard income tax deduction annually
8. Increase federal spending on the myriad initiatives that benefit America’s 99% (Click here)
9. Federal ownership of all banks (Click here)
10 Steps to Economic Misery: (Click here:)
1. Maintain or increase the FICA tax..
2. Spread the myth Social Security, Medicare and the U.S. government are insolvent.
3. Cut federal employment in the military, post office, other federal agencies.
4. Broaden the income tax base so more lower income people will pay.
5. Cut financial assistance to the states.
6. Spread the myth federal taxes pay for federal spending.
7. Allow banks to trade for their own accounts; save them when their investments go sour.
8. Never prosecute any banker for criminal activity.
9. Nominate arch conservatives to the Supreme Court.
10. Reduce the federal deficit and debt
No nation can tax itself into prosperity, nor grow without money growth. Monetary Sovereignty: Cutting federal deficits to grow the economy is like applying leeches to cure anemia.
Two key equations in economics:
1. Federal Deficits – Net Imports = Net Private Savings
2. Gross Domestic Product = Federal Spending + Private Investment and Consumption – Net Imports
THE RECESSION CLOCK
As the federal deficit growth lines drop, we approach recession, which will be cured only when the lines rise. Federal deficit growth is absolutely, positively necessary for economic growth. Period.