If you wonder how intelligent people could vote for, and even give their money to, candidates like Trump, Carson, Cruz, Rubio et al, wonder no more.
You have not yet witnessed the depths of religious right wing ignorance.
Here is word-for-word, with nothing added or omitted, an Email I just received from a group called “From the Right”:
“I can’t believe I never heard about this before.
“Since 1996 there have been hundreds of reports about Hillary’s secret mistress… Her name is Huma Abadin, and she grew up in a strict Muslim household in Saudi Arabia…
“And at the tender age of 24, Hillary Clinton made Huma one of her closest “personal” advisors.
“Think about what this means… If Hillary gains the Whitehouse in 2016….
“You can be CERTAIN that the left’s war against Christianity will only grow more severe. Hillary and her Muslim allies will continue trying to CENSOR the Scripture…
Yep, having a friend who is Muslim is proof that Hillary Clinton, a Christian, not only is conducting a war against Christianity, but also will try to CENSOR the bible.”
(Censor the bible?? How will she censor the bible?) Oh, but you ain’t seen nuthin’ yet:
“Just like they did recently when news came out about this newly uncovered bible verse…”
A newly uncovered bible verse??
“. . . where Jesus reveals an incredibly effective way to naturally combat almost any disease.
“In fact: liberal politicians DESPISE Biblical discoveries like the one I just mentioned… Especially since this one specific bible passage has now helped more than 20,000 Christians to heal their diabetes and fight away their cancer.
“For people like Hillary and her Muslim lovers that’s UNACCEPTABLE. They want you to beg big government and big medicine for help when you’re sick…
“Not be able to just read a few Bible Verses and heal yourself in a matter of days (Click here to read the verses on healing disease now). We better seriously pray that a true, God loving conservative gets elected president this November…
“Because if it’s Hillary and her harem of “kept” women… Christianity as we know it will be in danger of going extinct.
“D.C. Christian Coalition
“P.S. I actually found a website that shares the censored Bible Passages I mentioned in this message.
“You can visit that site by clicking here.
“Inside, you’ll see how to naturally combat diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer’s, and many other major diseases… And all it takes is following some basic steps that were outlined by our Lord Jesus inside the Scripture.
“You better hurry though, because I have no doubt that the website will get removed FAST.”
O.K., after 2,000 years of intensive study, they have “newly uncovered” bible passages that had been “censored” by someone, and if you read them your “diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer’s and many other major diseases” will be cured “in a matter of days.”
(Hmmm . . . Alzheimer’s was discovered a little over 100 years ago. When were these “newly discovered” bible passages written?)
Oh, and Hillary Clinton keeps a harem (hidden in her apartment, perhaps?) And Christianity, all 2.2 billion strong, will disappear if Hillary is elected.
Clearly, the author of this Email believes his audience is stupid. Why?
Anyway, now you know how it came to pass that Trump, Cruz and Rubio are leading the Republican party.
Many years ago, I often voted Republican, but that was before the Tea Party crazies and the uber religious nuts invaded, and ended right-wing reason, science and compassion.
Sorry, I simply could not resist showing this to you.
Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
Ten Steps to Prosperity:
1. Eliminate FICA (Click here)
2. Federally funded Medicare — parts A, B & D plus long term nursing care — for everyone (Click here)
3. Provide an Economic Bonus to every man, woman and child in America, and/or every state a per capita Economic Bonus. (Click here) Or institute a reverse income tax.
4. Free education (including post-grad) for everyone. Click here
5. Salary for attending school (Click here)
6. Eliminate corporate taxes (Click here)
7. Increase the standard income tax deduction annually Click here
8. Tax the very rich (.1%) more, with higher, progressive tax rates on all forms of income. (Click here)
9. Federal ownership of all banks (Click here and here)
10. Increase federal spending on the myriad initiatives that benefit America’s 99% (Click here)
The Ten Steps will grow the economy, and narrow the income/wealth/power Gap between the rich and you.
10 Steps to Economic Misery: (Click here:)
1. Maintain or increase the FICA tax..
2. Spread the myth Social Security, Medicare and the U.S. government are insolvent.
3. Cut federal employment in the military, post office, other federal agencies.
4. Broaden the income tax base so more lower income people will pay.
5. Cut financial assistance to the states.
6. Spread the myth federal taxes pay for federal spending.
7. Allow banks to trade for their own accounts; save them when their investments go sour.
8. Never prosecute any banker for criminal activity.
9. Nominate arch conservatives to the Supreme Court.
10. Reduce the federal deficit and debt
No nation can tax itself into prosperity, nor grow without money growth. Monetary Sovereignty: Cutting federal deficits to grow the economy is like applying leeches to cure anemia.
1. A growing economy requires a growing supply of dollars (GDP=Federal Spending + Non-federal Spending + Net Exports)
2. All deficit spending grows the supply of dollars
3. The limit to federal deficit spending is an inflation that cannot be cured with interest rate control.
4. The limit to non-federal deficit spending is the ability to borrow.
THE RECESSION CLOCK
Recessions begin an average of 2 years after the blue line first dips below zero. A common phenomenon is for the line briefly to dip below zero, then rise above zero, before falling dramatically below zero. There was a brief dip below zero in 2015, followed by another dip – the familiar pre-recession pattern.
Recessions are cured by a rising red line.
Vertical gray bars mark recessions.
As the federal deficit growth lines drop, we approach recession, which will be cured only when the growth lines rise. Increasing federal deficit growth (aka “stimulus”) is necessary for long-term economic growth.
•Those, who do not understand the differences between Monetary Sovereignty and monetary non-sovereignty, do not understand economics.
•Any monetarily NON-sovereign government — be it city, county, state or nation — that runs an ongoing trade deficit, eventually will run out of money.
•The more federal budgets are cut and taxes increased, the weaker an economy becomes..
•Liberals think the purpose of government is to protect the poor and powerless from the rich and powerful. Conservatives think the purpose of government is to protect the rich and powerful from the poor and powerless.
•The single most important problem in economics is the Gap between rich and the rest..
•Austerity is the government’s method for widening the Gap between rich and poor.
•Until the 99% understand the need for federal deficits, the upper 1% will rule.
•Everything in economics devolves to motive, and the motive is the Gap between the rich and the rest..