Self-proclaimed “moderate,” but in reality, coal whore, Sen. Joe (Global warming? What global warming?) Manchin demanded cuts to the Democrat’s “Build Back Better” program.
Here is just one of the proposals that had to be cut in order to receive Manchin’s blessing.
From AXIOS AM, By Mike Allen, Oct 29, 2021
Manchin’s vote is necessary because 100% of Republicans have vowed to vote against ANY program proposed by Democrats. (That’s called “Making America Great Again” aka “Trump Before Country,” and “Trump Before World.”)
With paid family leave OUT of the Build Back Better framework released by the White House yesterday, the U.S. remains one of seven countries without paid leave for new moms, Bloomberg reports.
The others: Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea and Tonga, per UCLA’s World Policy Analysis Center.
Congratulations Manchin and Trump Republicans. You have helped America to join the Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, and Tonga.
What an honor. It demonstrates how great we have become. A true world leader.
Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
Facebook: Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF GOVERNMENT IS TO IMPROVE AND PROTECT THE LIVES OF THE PEOPLE.
The most important problems in economics involve:
- Monetary Sovereignty describes money creation and destruction.
- Gap Psychology describes the common desire to distance oneself from those “below” in any socio-economic ranking, and to come nearer those “above.” The socio-economic distance is referred to as “The Gap.”
Wide Gaps negatively affect poverty, health and longevity, education, housing, law and crime, war, leadership, ownership, bigotry, supply and demand, taxation, GDP, international relations, scientific advancement, the environment, human motivation and well-being, and virtually every other issue in economics. Implementation of Monetary Sovereignty and The Ten Steps To Prosperity can grow the economy and narrow the Gaps:
Ten Steps To Prosperity:
- Eliminate FICA
- Federally funded Medicare — parts A, B & D, plus long-term care — for everyone
- Social Security for all
- Free education (including post-grad) for everyone
- Salary for attending school
- Eliminate federal taxes on business
- Increase the standard income tax deduction, annually.
- Tax the very rich (the “.1%”) more, with higher progressive tax rates on all forms of income.
- Federal ownership of all banks
- Increase federal spending on the myriad initiatives that benefit America’s 99.9%
The Ten Steps will grow the economy and narrow the income/wealth/power Gap between the rich and the rest.