Twitter: @rodgermitchell; Search #monetarysovereignty
Facebook: Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
●Those, who do not understand the differences between Monetary Sovereignty and monetary non-sovereignty, do not understand economics.
●The more federal budgets are cut and taxes increased, the weaker an economy becomes. .
●Liberals think the purpose of government is to protect the poor and powerless from the rich and powerful. Conservatives think the purpose of government is to protect the rich and powerful from the poor and powerless.
●Austerity is the government’s method for widening the gap between rich and poor.
●Until the 99% understand the need for federal deficits, the upper 1% will rule.
●To survive long term, a monetarily non-sovereign government must have a positive balance of payments.
●Everything in economics devolves to motive, and the motive is the Gap.
What conclusions can you draw from this bit of news?:
The 310 million firearms estimated to be in private hands in the United States are disproportionately owned by people who are prone to angry, impulsive behavior and have a potentially dangerous habit of keeping their guns close at hand.
People owning six or more guns were more likely to fall into both of these categories than people who owned a single gun.
A rational human being might conclude that allowing gun ownership to virtually anyone who can breathe, is dangerous and likely will cause murders.
That rational human being also might conclude that allowing guns in taverns, schools and sport events — anywhere that immature people might become excited, angry or delusional — is foolish.
But, the National Rifle Association is way too smart for us. It has implemented a plan that is sheer genius.
First, they work very hard (on behalf of, and paid by) gun and ammo manufacturers, to spread the myth that the Constitution says we all belong to a “well regulated militia,” and so everyone should be able to carry semi-automatic, military-style guns loaded with hollow point, exploding bullets — everywhere except where politicians work, because politicians lives are too valuable to risk.
And then, here’s the genius part: Once the NRA has armed everyone, they spread the myth that because they were so successful in arming the nut cases, everyone else needs to carry guns, to protect themselves from the nut cases the NRA previously armed.
It’s perfect. Create the problem; then claim that the solution to the problem you created is more of the problem.
So, for instance, when a nut case walks into a school and mows down a few innocent kids and their innocent teachers, the solution is not to reduce the availability of guns to every cut case who wants one.
The solution is to give more nut cases guns in the hopes that these nut cases will prevent the other nut cases from killing the innocent.
And this is what the gun lovers have been brainwashed into believing.
The findings, published Wednesday in the journal Behavioral Sciences and the Law, suggest that measures to reduce gun injuries and deaths should focus less on diagnosed mental illness and more on a history of violent behavior.
What?? The United States actually has measures to reduce gun injuries and deaths?? Really? You mean gun training classes so that guys like the one who killed the American sniper can get better at using guns? Those measures?
In 2012, 11,622 people in the United States were killed by a firearm discharged during an intentional act of violence, and an additional 57,077 were injured.
Although mass shootings have focused lawmakers’ attention on the need to keep guns out of the hands of those with a serious mental illness, the new study implies that doing so would make only a small dent in this tally of morbidity and mortality.
Hey, there is nothing in the Constitution that says crazy people shouldn’t have guns — so long as they belong in a “well-regulated militia,” like everyone else does.
Expect the NRA to call that omission to Congress’s attention, in the unlikely event a deranged person ever is denied a gun.
Fewer than one in 10 of those angry people with access to guns had ever been admitted to a hospital for a psychiatric or substance abuse problem, the study found.
Their behavioral history might suggest a propensity for violence, according to the study. But nothing in their medical histories would bar them from legally purchasing guns under existing mental health related restrictions.
Jeffrey Swanson, a professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at Duke University School of Medicine said, “The traditional legal approach has been to prohibit firearms from involuntarily committed psychiatric patients.
“But now we have more evidence that current laws don’t necessarily keep firearms out of the hands of a lot of potentially dangerous individuals.”
As National Rifle Association Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre famously said, “The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun.”
(Of course, no one knows how to identify the good guys from the bad guys, so just to be “safe,” we arm everyone.)
By the way, where in the Constitution does it say that a 5-year-old American citizen is not allowed to take daddy’s gun to kindergarten?
Would she have to join a militia?
C’mon NRA, do what the arms manufacturers pay you to do. You’re missing a chance to add more guns — for safety.
Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
The Ten Steps to Prosperity:
1. Eliminate FICA (Click here)
2. Federally funded Medicare — parts A, B & D plus long term nursing care — for everyone (Click here)
3. Provide an Economic Bonus to every man, woman and child in America, and/or every state a per capita Economic Bonus. (Click here) Or institute a reverse income tax.
4. Federally funded, free education (including post-grad) for everyone. Click here
5. Salary for attending school (Click here)
6. Eliminate corporate taxes (Click here)
7. Increase the standard income tax deduction annually. (Refer to this.)
8. Tax the very rich (.1%) more, with higher, progressive tax rates on all forms of income. (Click here)
9. Federal ownership of all banks (Click here and here)
10. Increase federal spending on the myriad initiatives that benefit America’s 99% (Click here)
Initiating The Ten Steps sequentially will add dollars to the economy, stimulate the economy, and narrow the income/wealth/power Gap between the rich and the rest.
10 Steps to Economic Misery: (Click here:)
1. Maintain or increase the FICA tax..
2. Spread the myth Social Security, Medicare and the U.S. government are insolvent.
3. Cut federal employment in the military, post office, other federal agencies.
4. Broaden the income tax base so more lower income people will pay.
5. Cut financial assistance to the states.
6. Spread the myth federal taxes pay for federal spending.
7. Allow banks to trade for their own accounts; save them when their investments go sour.
8. Never prosecute any banker for criminal activity.
9. Nominate arch conservatives to the Supreme Court.
10. Reduce the federal deficit and debt
No nation can tax itself into prosperity, nor grow without money growth. Monetary Sovereignty: Cutting federal deficits to grow the economy is like applying leeches to cure anemia.
1. A growing economy requires a growing supply of dollars (GDP=Federal Spending + Non-federal Spending + Net Exports)
2. All deficit spending grows the supply of dollars
3. The limit to federal deficit spending is an inflation that cannot be cured with interest rate control.
4. The limit to non-federal deficit spending is the ability to borrow.
THE RECESSION CLOCK
Vertical gray bars mark recessions.
As the federal deficit growth lines drop, we approach recession, which will be cured only when the growth lines rise. Increasing federal deficit growth (aka “stimulus”) is necessary for long-term economic growth.