Twitter: @rodgermitchell; Search #monetarysovereignty
Facebook: Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
●The more federal budgets are cut and taxes increased, the weaker an economy becomes.
●Austerity is the government’s method for widening the gap between rich and poor, which ultimately leads to civil disorder.
●Until the 99% understand the need for federal deficits, the upper 1% will rule.
●To survive long term, a monetarily non-sovereign government must have a positive balance of payments.
●Those, who do not understand the differences between Monetary Sovereignty and monetary non-sovereignty, do not understand economics.
●The penalty for ignorance is slavery.
●Everything in economics devolves to motive.
Is America Crazy?
September 18th, 2013, Leonard Pitts Jr.
Is America crazy?
Twelve people killed at a secure naval installation virtually on the front porch of the federal government, eight others hurt, the shooter shot to death, and it’s just another manic Monday, another day in the life of a nation under the gun.
Every gun murder, every mass gun murder, every mass gun murder even of children — in fact, every gun murder of every kind, provides the gun lobby and gun loonies, in their twisted logic, with a rationale for more guns and fewer gun restrictions.
It’s as though someone were to claim that the solution to the bankster crimes which destroyed our economy, is to reduce bank regulation so more crooks could run banks. It’s the same level of sanity. (Yikes, that’s exactly what some politicians do argue. Oh, well.)
And we will have the argument we always have about a Constitutional amendment written in an era when muskets were state of the art and citizen militias guarded the frontier.
Yes, there’s that Constitutional amendment, which begins, “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state . . . ,” but we ignore that “militia” stuff.
It’s been argued. Sanity and clear English have lost. So what next?
Will providing every man, woman and child in America with semi-automatic, large clip, military style weapons, really reduce gun violence?
Wayne LaPierre of the NRA probably says, “Yes.” Do you agree?
Most sensible restrictions on gun ownership have been declared unconstitutional, so what is the honest solution to America’s high gun violence rate?
The solution is here. It’s 100% constitutional. And if LaPierre has read it, he has wet his pants:
Make each manufacturer, seller or provider of a gun liable for the use of that gun.
That’s it. Simple, legal, effective. But before you jump in with objections, please read the full post.
Then send it to your Congressperson and more importantly, your local politicians (It probably would be a local law).
And do send it to LaPierre along with a diaper. He’ll need it.
Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
Nine Steps to Prosperity:
1. Eliminate FICA (Click here)
2. Medicare — parts A, B & D plus long term nursing care — for everyone (Click here)
3. Send every American citizen an annual check for $5,000 or give every state $5,000 per capita (Click here)
4. Free education (including post-grad) for everyone. Click here
5. Salary for attending school (Click here)
6. Eliminate corporate taxes (Click here)
7. Increase the standard income tax deduction annually
8. Increase federal spending on the myriad initiatives that benefit America’s 99% (Click here)
9. Federal ownership of all banks (Click here)
10 Steps to Economic Misery: (Click here:)
1. Maintain or increase the FICA tax..
2. Spread the myth Social Security, Medicare and the U.S. government are insolvent.
3. Cut federal employment in the military, post office, other federal agencies.
4. Broaden the income tax base so more lower income people will pay.
5. Cut financial assistance to the states.
6. Spread the myth federal taxes pay for federal spending.
7. Allow banks to trade for their own accounts; save them when their investments go sour.
8. Never prosecute any banker for criminal activity.
9. Nominate arch conservatives to the Supreme Court.
10. Reduce the federal deficit and debt
No nation can tax itself into prosperity, nor grow without money growth. Monetary Sovereignty: Cutting federal deficits to grow the economy is like applying leeches to cure anemia.
Two key equations in economics:
1. Federal Deficits – Net Imports = Net Private Savings
2. Gross Domestic Product = Federal Spending + Private Investment and Consumption – Net Imports
THE RECESSION CLOCK
As the lines drop, we approach recession, which will be cured only when the lines rise.