Mitchell’s laws: Reduced money growth never stimulates economic growth. To survive long term, a monetarily non-sovereign government must have a positive balance of payments. Austerity breeds austerity and leads to civil disorder. Those, who do not understand the differences between Monetary Sovereignty and monetary non-sovereignty, do not understand economics.
==========================================================================================================================================

Despite the misguided rulings by the the Supreme Court justices, all of whom are part of the wealthy 1%, and Mitt Romney’s incessant backing and filling, corporations are not people. They employ people. They are owned by people. But a corporation, in of itself, is not a person.

Nor is a PAC (political action committee) a person. It too employs people and is owned by people and is beholden to people, but a PAC is not a person. Nor is any other group of people a person.

Corporations cannot vote, nor can they run for office. Corporations do not have citizenship; they don’t carry passports. They can’t adopt a child, attend elementary school, or be on the football team.

If a corporation is put out of business, the right-to-lifers will not protest its death. If a corporation is doing poorly, it will not enter a hospital. Corporations cannot read, write, run, dance, sing or speak. You cannot even see a corporation. You cannot touch a corporation. You cannot hear or smell a corporation, even when they stink. They are non-physical entities, that exist only as legal filings.

The notion that a corporation, which has no ability to speak, write or even think, is entitled to Constitutional, freedom of speech protections, as though it were a person, is patently ridiculous. This treatment of corporations is part of the wealthiest 1%’s ongoing efforts to control the other 99%, by flooding elections with money.

Although Congress makes a great pretense of trying to solve the contribution unfairness problem, the solution is dazzlingly simple: Just as every adult citizen is entitled to one vote in each election for one office seeker in each office, every adult citizen should be entitled to one contribution limit in each election for one office seeker in each office.

Period.

Is that so difficult?

As a citizen, you might be entitled to contribute no more than, for instance, $1,000 to your Representative’s campaign, $1,000 to each of your two Senators, and $1,000 to the one Presidential candidate of your choice. And no contributions would be allowed to the campaigns of anyone for whom you would not be allowed to vote.

Local elections could be handled similarly, and all contributions could go through one central clearing house in each state, to monitor the process.

Folks, this is not rocket science. It is a simple, straightforward way to give each citizen an equal voice, and to prevent the deep-pocket 1% from controlling every election.

And that is why it never will be adopted. Heaven forbid the poor have an equal voice with the wealthy.

Rodger Malcolm Mitchell
http://www.rodgermitchell.com


==========================================================================================================================================
No nation can tax itself into prosperity, nor grow without money growth. Monetary Sovereignty: Cutting federal deficits to grow the economy is like applying leeches to cure anemia. Two key equations in economics:
Federal Deficits – Net Imports = Net Private Savings
b>Gross Domestic Product = Federal Spending + Private Investment + Private Consumption + Net exports

#MONETARY SOVEREIGNTY